Deluxe vs Superior suite?

lucchese1

I mentioned in my previous post that I have a group of 20+ cabins booked on the Amsterdam next May. All of our rooms are on the upper veranda deck were we have all 6 of the ab deluxe suites reserved. My question is that 4 of the six are considering moving to a SAY cat suite ( same level ) to save the extra 1800.00, after the initial excitement of the booking they now feel that the SAY suite will be plenty big enough for 2 people. Are the few extra perks worth the expense of say having you entire on board expenses covered by the savings.

Any help would be great!

Ben

Agree with the Peach from GA. It's a matter of personal choice. Been in both. The superior verandah suites are plenty big enough for two pax (approx. 292 sq. ft.) IMO. However, some folks like the extra space (556 sq. ft.) of the deluxe suites, bigger balcony plus the use of the Neptune and free/unlimited laundry/dry-cleaning.

There really is no comparison between the size and perks of the Deluxe suites and the "mini-suites." The Neptune Lounge is a wonderful perk, and the balcony size and size of the sitting room is much larger in the Deluxe suite. (I have a page of pictures of the Deluxe Suites.)

HOWEVER -- to be honest with you, I really don't think it is worth the huge price difference. We have stayed in every kind of cabin from minimum insides to large outsides to verandahs to the deluxe suites. I just can't justify spending all that money for the few luxurious perks you get, particularly for just two people.

It just depends on how much luxury you feel you deserve!

;)

First, there is no SAY cabin designation. There are SA and SY, but they are different categories.

That said, the decision on whether to go the extra for an S category suite would depend on what's important to you. Will you use the Neptune Lounge, its concierge, and the included laundry service (plus other perks?) If so, then it's a wonderful cabin to be in.

If those things are minimal in importance to you, then an SS category will be fine. The main difference in the space is the separate dressing room you have in the S and its additional verandah space. But the SS is very spacious, and the bathrooms have two sinks and a separate shower stall. Very nice accommodations. IMO the SS is well worth the extra money to step up from a regular verandah cabin.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Mercedmike,

Thank you for posting the pictures and descriptions of the Deluxe Verandah Suite. We are considering this option for our next cruise and this post was most helpful.

I never cease to be amazed at how willing those on CC are to share information and opinions, but also label opinions as just that.

It's been my experience that when people start saying: "Is it really worth the money?"......whether cruising or in any other facet of life......it usually means that they have realized that to them it is not worth the money.

Whatever they decide to do, they will have a great time on the cruise. All of the cabins you are considering are nice cabins, and I'm sure your group will be pleased.

Archived