? about Crown Princess

wcopel

Hi, I've cruised about 15 times but never on Princess. I'm considering takine the 9/21/06 cruise out of NY on the Crown. My question is #1 what is the average age.... I traveling single...and are there many singles traveling. I debating between the Carnival Valor or the Crown. The ports don't matter so much I just won't to get away. I'm a young 58 year old. So I just won't to relax and meet some new people. Thanks a lot.. Willie

The old saying is, the longer the cruise the older the crowd. But, for this 9day your probably looking at 37-50ish with kids. I am going on that date and I have a few single women in my group from 47 to 60ish. So come along and lets meet.

Crowd on the July 2 KP cruise was mixed. A good number of children because school was out; parents in their 40's. Age was somewhat older than Legend crowd. More suburbanite than NYC metro group. Don't know anything about the Valor. No hurricanes up north but I don't know who goes toward Canada in September.

We have sailed on both Princess and Carnival and are at your age. I think if I were single I would do the Carnival. Topless bathing deck for starters. More of a party atmosphere.

On our last Carnival cruise I was at a rum tasting in their liquor store. Those employees are not Carnival. The young lady (21)for some reason took a attraction to me and made a few hints about getting together. I told her thanks but my wife wouldn't approve. She may have been looking for a daddy but if I were single I would have took her up. She made it known that she was just out for a good time and was very very open minded.

I also ran across many young ladies at the pool area that were on the hunt. Go for Carnival if you are looking for some company. I think they also make arrangements to have singles seated together in the dining room. On one cruise there was a mother and legal age daughter traveling together and seated in a booth across from us. 2 single males were assigned to that table with them. It was hilarious. The men were a gay couple. They were very polite and seemed to make great table partners but I think the ladies were disappointed.

We have sailed on both Princess and Carnival and are at your age. I think if I were single I would do the Carnival. Topless bathing deck for starters. More of a party atmosphere.

On our last Carnival cruise I was at a rum tasting in their liquor store. Those employees are not Carnival. The young lady (21)for some reason took a attraction to me and made a few hints about getting together. I told her thanks but my wife wouldn't approve. She may have been looking for a daddy but if I were single I would have took her up. She made it known that she was just out for a good time and was very very open minded.

I also ran across many young ladies at the pool area that were on the hunt. Go for Carnival if you are looking for some company. I think they also make arrangements to have singles seated together in the dining room. On one cruise there was a mother and legal age daughter traveling together and seated in a booth across from us. 2 single males were assigned to that table with them. It was hilarious. The men were a gay couple. They were very polite and seemed to make great table partners but I think the ladies were disappointed.

Well, wcopel, there's a commercial for Princess if I ever heard one... As Colo Cruiser said, Princess would be a better fit for you. Happy cruising!:)

Archived