Celebrity Suites on M-class ships?

tom_uk

The Celebrity Suites are our favorites, we have occupied them for a TA and an Alaskan cruise and will be in one again for a Hawaiian cruise in October and a Panama Canal cruise in Feb.

As a matter of fact, after being upgraded to a Royal Suite, for our Baltic cruise, my husband still prefers the Celebrity Suite for those windows!:eek:

Sheers can cut down the heat if there is too much sun, but the room AC seems to keep the temperature comfortable. The bedroom has no windows which makes it nice and dark for sleeping late.

And watching the ocean roll past your feet as you relax on the sofa is an experience well worth remembering, as is watching the sun rise as you enjoy breakfast at the dining room table.

Susan

Susan,

We will be in a CS in October and I was wondering how open your room is to other passengers near your room? Did you have to keep one of the panels closed most of the time?

Hi Judy!

If you stand right at the window people in nearby balconies can see you and you can see them. But that is the only way I have even noticed that there are other passengers!:)

We have never closed the panels except to block the sun.

Susan

We love the CS. The views from the CS are especially wonderful on a cold weather cruise e.g. Alaska. We generally keep the first curtain pulled down during the complete cruise as others can see in especially the upper floors. If you are in AFT direction CS you will also keep the first panel closed as the usually park the window washing machine there.

I find the bedroom especially nice if you like to sleep in total darkness. There are no windows and when you close the bathroom and bedroom doors it is jet black and totally quiet for your sleeping pleasure.

Jim

Hi,

We've always thought about booking a CS but have deferred due to the connecting door.

Has anyone who's been in a CS had any trouble with smoke coming under and around the connecting door?

We had this problem on a Canal sailing while in a CC stateroom. Nothing the steward or maintenance folk did (even duct tape) to 'seal off' the door worked.

Just curious....

CM

I've never noticed any smoke or noise coming from the adjoining cabin. The nice part about the common door is that its position in the room is in an area where there is not likely to be a lot of noise (it is next to the sofa end table by the dry bar in the living room).

Of course, we may have just been fortunate not to be next to smokers or noisy passengers.

Susan

Judy,

Here is a photo from the dock looking up at the Celebrity Suites (6104 is the lowest one). I guess it is possible for someone to lean out and look in, but it seems that their view would be limited at best.

6104-from-Skagway-Dock.jpg.a6cdccab7ed5612b10196aeb118cf9c2.jpg

Susan

OK - all you CS travellers on Infinity - I'll be awaiting reports !!!! Our first cruise is next summer - Alaska - so we didn't care much about having a balcony - the CS seemed perfect. I can't wait. Can you imagine what a way to get introduced to cruising - in a CS !!!! This is our trip of a lifetime - if we want to do a CS again we'll have to save for a while !!

( I just wish they'd upgrade the suites on Infinity to have DVD players instead of VCRs !!!)

If we were going somewhere warmer I'd give serious thought to a balcony- which means I'll have to save even more for a RS !!!!!

Got my passport, got the suitcases , got the gown & tux - ready to go !!!!

Archived