State residency discount question

If you buy airline ticket through RCL from IL and will try to use TX residency discount they won't let you. If you just book cruise with them you can tell them that you live in TX and they will mail all the doc. to your TA and won't know that you're from IL or any other state. Just show them your passport at the pier.

I just HAVE to answer this question! First of all ONE person in the cabin qualifies for the rate. There is NO NEED for the second one to prove residency.

HOWEVER, air or no air (what this has to do with residency i have yet to figure out) the cruise line WILL require proof of one persons residency. You will see when you recieve your documents that there is a large disclaimer on the cover that says "you are booked under a restricted fare - please see page XX to be sure you qualify." Page XX will describe the promotional code you are booked under, resdsident, sernior rate etc.

ONE passenger with proof of residency WILL suffice. IF you do not have proof of residency, they WILL Charge you the regular non promotional rate.

hope this helps!

Michael

As Paul Harvey would say' date=' here's the rest of the story . . .

Jane did get her Texas driver's license before the cruise, just to be on the safe side. However, nobody ever asked her for it, or John for that matter. Hmm.

I'm certainly not suggesting that anybody else bank on the same thing happening to them. It was probably a fluke -- you just know that if she [b']didn't[/b] have it, then for sure they would have asked for it! :D

Anyway, that's the way it went down. I guess it's just further proof that no two check-ins are alike, and your only defense is to have all your bases covered!

Thanks for returning with "the rest of the story", croisiere! It is interesting that no one checked, but I agree with your sentence that it was a fluke, and if they HADN'T had the correct proof of residency, they would have had to cough up A LOT of cash at the pier!

Archived