Post cruise excursion 'Ybar City, Tampa

laurierocs

Ybor City is a Party place. It is a night life kinda of place. Lots of night clubs. There are some restaurants that open up for lunch and a mueseum that was interesting. It was in an old bakery. Interesting old buildings (l love the architecture in old parts of town) You will see some places with guys rolling cigars. I'm glad we went there but it's not a place we'd kill ourselves to do again. Anyway that's MHO

PS I didn't do a ship tour. I was there visiting family so we drove ourselves there.

As a former resident of Tampa, I agree with others....don't waste your money on the ship's excursion. This one you can definitely do yourself. There are some great museums and the architecture in that part of town is remarkable. Take a taxi and wander awhile on your own.

I agree with all the other posters. Another option of gettig there would be to take the streetcar there and back. The streetcar picks up at the port and goes to Ybor. You would have to store your luggage at the port. The cost for the streetcar is $1.25 each way I think. There is information on this on the Tampa Visitor Center website. If you have time eat at the Columbia resturant. It has awesome Spanish food. The Spanish and Latino culture is very evident in Ybor City.

I live on the east side of Tampa, Ybor in the daylight is best and safest, so much other stuff to do here than that, the cruise port is right next door to the Aquarium (ho-humm) and the channelside mall next to that, great eateries and shopping, depending on the time available, a starship yacht tour and/or Dinner is nice, of course Disneyworld is only an Hour away

• 2 weeks later...

Archived