What Can We bring on the plane HELP

PattyMichael

Hi there,

We just flew back from Barcelona yesterday, with a connection at JFK. We were able to bring normal carry-ons (including electronics) and the only restriction was no liquids/gels etc. There was a second metal detector/x ray screening done on the Barcelona-JFK flight boarding, which the machines were set to beep even for small metals (I had to remove a thin necklace).

Good luck,

Lynne

We are flying out of LAX 8/31 United to WA the to Amsterdam and boarding the Century.

I am just so confused what I am allowed to bring in my carry on. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks

We just left Dayton,Ohio yesterday morning Saturday to Kalispell Mt.by way of Atlanta / Salt Lake City / to Kalispell

There was less carry on the plain you could not take any liquid on or off the plain

In Antlanta they had a double check b/4 bording for Salt Lake

Stur Dayton,Ohio

Next Cruise January 29th,2007 Celebrity Mercury

Just got back from my first cruise. Left from Charlotte Airport and arrived to Miami. In both airports there were signs and constant announcements that said NO LIQUIDS in carry on luggage. Baby formula and prescription meds are allowed right now. No liquid lip glosses, mascaras etc ladies! :( Oh, well. The only thing I really missed having was eye drops. The plane ride always dries out my eyes. One thing I must say, I wish the security was a little more thorough, because my mom was accidently able to get through MIAMI airport (noted for high security) with a lighter and eyedrips. Go figure...

Just pack what you would normally pack, and check anything liquid. ENJOY!

jamielynn-

if you go to the TSA website (tsa.gov) and go to the part where they talk about medications it says you can take up to 4 fl oz of non-prescription medicines- in your case (and mine!) this would cover eyedrops. I haven't tested it yet but am going to print out a copy of the regs and have them with me when we travel with eye drops for me and saline spray for DH.

to quote:

However, prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket; up to 5 oz. of liquid or gel low blood sugar treatment, including juice and up to 4 oz. of non-prescription liquid medications are permitted.

unquote.

I already had to toss a $9 bottle of nail polish so now I'm going to be on top of what is/is not okay!

PattyMichael, as HostWalt indicated, you really need to read to check this out for yourself. Your airline will also have some information on their web site, and the rules are very different for flying domestic and to non-UK cities overseas. The rules for passengers going to the U.K. are quite a bit different than the rules COMING BACK from the U.K. and Belgium. The rules flying from the U.K. and Belgium back to the U.S. are very restrictive at this time and no non-Rx meds or other items are allowed with no exceptions. We are packing today to leave on August 26th to fly into Heathrow and then through Gatwick when returning back from Seville in mid-September. Our carry-on bags will have to be checked on our return flight, and we will be allowed to board only with my purse and a backpack for my husband, which we intend to load with all of our (digital and video) camera gear.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived