AOS: shampoo/conditioner, soap, hairdryer, iron board........

Hi all past AOS cruisers,

Are the following items included in the AOS ship:

[1] Shampoo & Conditioner

[2] Hairdryer

[3] Soap [liquid or solid?]

[4] Iron & iron board

[5] Toothpaste

[6] Water

My room is D2: Superior Oceanview Balcony on Deck 7.

Thanks for the input!

-Sillybutt:)

Hi all past AOS cruisers,

Are the following items included in the AOS ship:

Yes, but as to what type it is a mystery, your best set is to bring your own

[2] Hairdryer

yes, though if you're picky bring your own

yes, solid

[4] Iron & iron board

No, and they are not allowed onboard

[5] Toothpaste

no

[6] Water

Yes, at a charge, the tap water is fine to drink

My room is D2: Superior Oceanview Balcony on Deck 7.

Thanks for the input!

-Sillybutt:)

Hope this helps

There is a charge for bottled water--which is unnecessary--like the previous poster stated, tap water is fine--probably purer than the bottled water! Ice is provided twice daily in your room--just fill a glass with ice, run the tap,and drink away!

I wouldn't drink the tap water from the cabin. Last time I was on the AOS we had days when our tap water was coming out brownish. It was gross. Bring aboard your favorite bottled water unless you like Evian, that is the water they provide in the cabin for a fee.

I wouldn't drink the tap water from the cabin. Last time I was on the AOS we had days when our tap water was coming out brownish. It was gross. Bring aboard your favorite bottled water unless you like Evian, that is the water they provide in the cabin for a fee.

Do people actually have a "favorite" water? I thought it all tasted the same! Silly me :rolleyes:

Do people actually have a "favorite" water? I thought it all tasted the same! Silly me :rolleyes:

Different bottle waters have different mineral contents. I personally can't stand Dasani water, but I know somebody who loves it and can't stand Aquafina.

It's just the same as tap water where I live tastes pretty good, but when I go to my best friends house you only drink bottled water because the tap water tastes different.

Shampoo is provided in a dispenser in the shower. It's not very good so if you have a personal preference then I recommend bringing your own.

[2] Hairdryer

should be in the desk drawer of the vanity in your room.

There's usually a liquid soap in the shower.

[4] Iron & iron board

Irons are not allowed on board as they are a fire hazard. There is a pressing service available.

[5] Toothpaste

Not provided

[6] Water

The tap water on board is drinkable, and better than most water you can get at home. Bottled water is for sale on the ship.

FYI- DONT FORGET YOUR TOOTHBRUSH!!! I made this mistake once and there weren't any for sale onboard. I asked EVERYONE, looked EVERYWHERE and there werent any. Had to wait until I got to the first port to buy one. That was on a Carnival ship 6 years ago. I hope things have changed- but just in case dont forget it!

I am virtually positive, JerseyGrl, that the general store on any Royal Caribbean ship sells toothbrushes, as well as other basic toiletries.

I'm sorry that you couldn't find any on your Carnival cruise. :D :D :D

Please don't confuse the two. ;)

I am virtually positive, JerseyGrl, that the general store on any Royal Caribbean ship sells toothbrushes, as well as other basic toiletries.

I'm sorry that you couldn't find any on your Carnival cruise. :D :D :D

Please don't confuse the two. ;)

After that experience- I never forgot my toothbrush again! But tablemates of mine on AOS ran out of toothpaste and so did the general store!

Do try to remember all those little things - like toothbrushes. Technically, the store does stock such items, but the supply is limited (as indicated above with the toothpaste on the AOS). I did forget my toothbrush last October, and the store on the Rhapsody was out - with apparently no plans to restock immediately. The guy in the store was the only rude employee I've ever encountered on a RCI cruise.

Archived