Grand Suite Information

Actually they won't let you take it to your room if you buy it on board. We just returned from having a grand suite with a full bar set up - only no alcohol is provided. We brought our own bottle of rum. I'm convinced they expect you to do so. Ours was left out off and on all week. I asked our room steward to find a home for the left overs when we departed. She said she'd give it to someone.

We brought a bottle of wine, too. If you bring just enough for personal consumption, it will easily fit in the center of your checked baggage. We bought more than we drank of our own. It is nice to have something to use in the room with that nice bar set up. What's the point of having all that bar space - although it makes a nice area for setting stuff down and has lots of drawers for storage.

Actually they won't let you take it to your room if you buy it on board. We just returned from having a grand suite with a full bar set up - only no alcohol is provided. We brought our own bottle of rum. I'm convinced they expect you to do so. Ours was left out off and on all week. I asked our room steward to find a home for the left overs when we departed. She said she'd give it to someone.

We brought a bottle of wine, too. If you bring just enough for personal consumption, it will easily fit in the center of your checked baggage. We bought more than we drank of our own. It is nice to have something to use in the room with that nice bar set up. What's the point of having all that bar space - although it makes a nice area for setting stuff down and has lots of drawers for storage.

i'm lost can you buy bottles of alcohol for bar, what do you get in a full set up????:confused:

i'm lost can you buy bottles of alcohol for bar, what do you get in a full set up????:confused:

The full set up consists of various styles of glasses, napkins, ice bucket, ice and tongs, and even a cork screw. Mixers can be purchased out of the minibar. BYOB in other words.

RCI used to allow you to buy bottles of liquor in the gift shop on board and pay a surcharge to have it delivered to your room. They do not do this any more. Anything you buy in the shops will be delivered to your room on the last night of the cruise.

As far as I know the only way to get a full bottle of anything in your room is to bring it on board yourself. If any bartenders are selling full bottles, I strongly suspect they are doing it on the side. I doubt it would be easy to find one to sell it to you.

If you want a bottle, just put it in your checked luggage. Our bottle was a very small bottle and we still didn't use 1/3 of it in 5 nights.

Full set up on RCI = everything but the booze.

I'm lost on this one as well. We have always been allowed to purchase bottles of liquor onboard. Check with the chief bartender, who will give you prices (hold on to your hat!:D ) for bottles of whatever you want.

Rick

Maybe the chief bartender will sell a bottle for the price they would get if they sold the drinks separately out of the bottle. I know they will not sell it by the bottle from the shops on board with the added surcharge to take it to your room as they once did. They store the bottles until the last night of the cruise and then deliver them to your stateroom. I suspect this won't work any more for those who are flying home since the airlines won't allow it to be carried on.

Maybe RCI will have to go back to allowing bottles to go to the room for that surcharge if they want to sell many bottles. What was the surcharge previously? $8 or $10? I don't remember.

It really doesn't make any sense to have such a beautiful bar area, wine glasses, etc...and not be able to use it. I'm not much of a risk taker, especially traveling with 3 minors--my niece and 2 nephews, and I didn't really want to get busted for booze smuggling with them along :p so I basically just got to enjoy looking at the stemware.:(

Maybe the chief bartender will sell a bottle for the price they would get if they sold the drinks separately out of the bottle. I know they will not sell it by the bottle from the shops on board with the added surcharge to take it to your room as they once did. They store the bottles until the last night of the cruise and then deliver them to your stateroom. I suspect this won't work any more for those who are flying home since the airlines won't allow it to be carried on.

Maybe RCI will have to go back to allowing bottles to go to the room for that surcharge if they want to sell many bottles. What was the surcharge previously? $8 or $10? I don't remember.

mommabean............if you slip over to the X website.........they show liquor packages. The package includes a bottle of liquor, a 6 pack of soda and an assortment of nuts. The price runs between $50 and 70 for the package. RCCL does not advertise this, but will do the same.

Rick

mommabean............if you slip over to the X website.........they show liquor packages. The package includes a bottle of liquor, a 6 pack of soda and an assortment of nuts. The price runs between $50 and 70 for the package. RCCL does not advertise this, but will do the same.

Rick

You're kidding! Because Celebrity does this, RCCL will go ahead and do it, too? So, how exactly is this done? Must it be ordered ahead or is that what I should request when I contact the chief bartender? How would one contact the chief bartender and get a timely response. I'd much rather do this instead of bringing my own.

Archived