Veendam info please...

awaflyboy

Me and my bud are planning on taking a 4 night Pacific Coastal on the Veendam. Any advice and suggestions?

We are trying to choose between a Verandah Suite - Cat.BC or Cat.BB -- which is better?

We're picking this cruise cause of the large amount of time at sea, we want to just get away from it all and relax, maybe do a lot of the spa treatments. What should we expect and perhaps avoid?

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

There is very little difference in the two categories, one is just a bit nearer the centre of the ship. If you are only going for four days I would choose the cheaper cabin and put the difference towards your onboard purchases.

The cabins in the centre of the ship are the most expensive as a lot of people find there is less movement. If you are not prone to sea sickness again I would choose the cheaper cabin.

Jennie

I did this same cruise last year and it was a lot of fun.

As mentioned above, there's very little difference between a BC and a BB - in fact, I'd book a guarantee in the cheaper category and cross your fingers that you get upgraded, but really, any balcony cabin should be great.

If you're looking to do spa treatments, you might actually want to consider doing some when the ship docks in Seattle - most passengers get off to go exploring, and if I remember, the spa had some specials advertised to try to entice some passengers to stay onboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Just paid and booked a BC guarantee and maybe we'll get lucky and get upgraded. Really looking forward to the cruise, it'll be my second (first was on RC Monarch of the Seas) and for my best friend it'll be his first. Just curious as to what you think the odds would be to be upgraded to a deluxe verandah?

Awaflyboy,

First of all welcome to the Board. It is a great place to gain information etc.

With regard to your upgrade to a deluxe verandah, ie. a suite, you realize you have to stand in line and we are first! Just kidding, I don't know how upgrades work, it is often just the luck of the draw.

We are doing the 34 day cruise and also boarding in Vancouver. I would dearly love an upgrade from our B, but not to an A, just to an S. It would be such a thrill to arrive at the docks and to be told that our cabin had been changed. Oh well, we can always dream.

Jennie

We went right for the gusto for this 4 day:D we have a S Suite but still as of today no cabin assignment. Every morning it is part of my ritual to log into HAL and see if our immigration forms show a cabin assignment yet. Awaflyboy, I just saw that you did book this cruise, that is great. You should come join us on the Roll call Thread

We went right for the gusto for this 4 day:D we have a S Suite but still as of today no cabin assignment. Every morning it is part of my ritual to log into HAL and see if our immigration forms show a cabin assignment yet. Awaflyboy, I just saw that you did book this cruise, that is great. You should come join us on the Roll call Thread

Already joined the roll call :-) And I keep logging on to HAL as well to see if I have gotten a cabin assignment. Booked a BC guarantee, so at least I know I'll get that (but I'm hoping for better!).

Already joined the roll call :-) And I keep logging on to HAL as well to see if I have gotten a cabin assignment. Booked a BC guarantee, so at least I know I'll get that (but I'm hoping for better!).

Sorry:o I spend more time over here than I do checking out the Roll Call board. I did just find that you posted over there:)

Welcome, we will have to let each other know when we find our cabin number finally showing:D

Sorry:o I spend more time over here than I do checking out the Roll Call board. I did just find that you posted over there:)

Welcome, we will have to let each other know when we find our cabin number finally showing:D

Will do!

Just curious, where did you get your countdown timers? Only ones I could find are somewhat limited.

Archived