Just Back---noordam

fb0075

Let me begin by saying that as most people hear know,I have been very critical of the cruise industry since 9/11---we love to cruise but since then it has become a downward spiral of quality of the experience and treatment of the guest even from the highly touted HAL staff---

Embarkation--from FCO to cabin--1 hr--drive from airport to pier was only 35 minutes--

Ship-BEAUTIFUL--I have been on all the other Vista class ships and this is SPECIAL!!!

Room--Sy6081--typical

Food---Now this has been our problem in the last 5 years -

WONDERFUL

I cant describe how good the food was---EVERY MEAL---

far and away the best from the dining room---big juicy steaks--great lamb---to the Hamburgers---really good--real meat and properly cooked--even the LIDO was much better than normal!!

This was the talk on the ship of past Mariners--everyone was pleasantly surprised---

entertainment was weak in lounges but shows were very good--

STAFF =--another very pleasant surprise--they were just over the top ---

front desk--oh well

THE BEST CRUISE EXPERIENCE IN YEARS --we are still in the afterglow!!!!!!!!!!!

FRANK

This

Frank.........How Wonderful to read your great comments.

So happy for you that your experience was so great.

I agree Noordam is very, very special and, indeed, a BEAUTIFUL, fabulous, wonderful, gorgeous, magnificent ship. :)

Frank,

Glad to hear you had such a great experience on the Noordam. We are sailing on her on Oct.14th when she returns to New York. On our previous Alaskan Cruise on the Zaandam our only complaint was also the food. Celebrity's was much better.

This will only be our second cruise on Hal. Our daughter performs on the Noordam and has been on her since the inaugural cruise in February. She is always emailing about how beautiful the Noordam is. Of all the ships she has performed on it is by far her favorite. She loves the ship,staff and itinerary so much she extended for another contract. You probably saw her in the production stage shows. Her name is Nicole and she is the singer/dancer.

We are counting the days until we can see for ourselves this beautiful, fantastic, georgeous ship she is always raving about. Oh and of course it will be the first time we have seen her since she left for Italy in January.:)

Yes, she is a beautiful young lady---

also, met a dancer whose mother was on board that was from our hometown---

production shows were very,very good---costumes were fabulous---as I said,other entertainment was weak but still plenty to do at nite--

FRANK

Frank,

What a glowing review! We are sailing on the Noordam Sept. 18th and after hearing what a wonderful time you had and how A- plus everything was for you , are eagerly ancticipating our cruise. Welcome home and thanks for taking the time to post for all of us eager beavers. Mary:D

Frank -

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who thought the food seemed much better than before - I said as much in my reports from onboard as well, and ee were pleasantly surprised and pleased on our 7/30/06 cruise.

GREAT,

We are,also, booked on a T/A--Rotterdam 11/05--Lis / Rio--

Now im scared to go---my expectations are going to be to high!! YES, I know its the "ROTTERDAM"---been on it several times--heres a hoping!!

FRANK

We just returned from the Aug 9th sailing of the Noordam. This was our 7th HAL cruise and by far the best one yet. The only other cruise that comes close was the Rotterdam to the Baltics during her inaugeral year. (We did the Volendam to Alaska 2 years ago but that was a big disappointment.) The service on the Noordam was excellent, the food was excellent. My only complaint was that the cabins were a little cramped and we had practically no drawer space except for the night stands..

Let me say thanks a bunch for sharing :D. You have just added to my anticipated trip. Leaving in Sept. and getting very excited. Sounds like you indeed enjoyed yourself.

Hope that from here on out the Industry will seemingly get better as you continue cruising.:)

This does my heart good!! We just booked the Noordam for March 07. We're taking 3 other couples - I hate being the one to recommend and then not have the experience live up to everyone's expectations. So glad to read this thread!!

Archived