opinion feb/regal princess OR nov/island princess

DONNALAKA

thanks guys ! i am speaking of 2007 and both r panama itineraries . i thought oct ended the rainy ????? but feb is def. farther from the cut off ;)

the ports of call r slightly diff. and the "island" is newer ............ ???? decisions, decisions..... feb is closer ;) ºÜº and i think is going to be my preference. just like the thought of a newer ship .

I've been on both ships and I enjoyed them both for different reasons. I would go with Island for a longer cruise. Island is a newer ship, and a big selling point for us is the wrap around promenade deck for early morning walks. Regal does not have that, which is fine for a short cruise. Also gym on Regal is in the basement and small. Island's gym has lots and lots of windows and plenty of equipment. I loved the spa and sanctuary on Island as well as the pools. Our room on caribe deck had a huge balcony....balcony rooms are more limited on Regal. Island also has speciality restaurants that Regal doesn't have. That being said we had the best wait staff and tablemates ever on Regal. For us, Island would be our choice. In fact we are now signed up for a 19 day Panama Canal on Island 4/08.

We are taking the Celebrity Mercury West to East sailing on February 18th, 2007 leaving from San Diego. Looks like a real good itinerary and we love going on Celebrity ships. WE just came back from sailing on the Star Princess in the Baltics and did not like that ship at all. They are so dis-organized and too many people of those big ships. In my opinion the mercury is just the right size.

i'll ck this one out michael ......... i don't recall it sooooo must be a longer itiner. ........ over 10 days @ 1 time is pushing it for my husband.. :( thanks for ur input . i love celebrity ! i love cruisin' ! ºÜº

Hi Donna, Yeah, it is a 14 dayer which leaves on a Sunday and arrives in Ft. Lauderdale on a Sunday. It's a stretch for us as well and we are also going into San Diego a few days early as the other two couples we are going with have never been to San Diego before. I believe there are 7 sea days and 7 port visits.

We have been on the Mercury before back a few years ago as we did a California Coastal cruise out of San fran.

I noticed you are from PA. Whereabouts? My parents grew up in West Chester which is just outside of Philly. I still have lots of relatives in that area and we get down in that area quite often as I have siblings and my father who live in Delaware.

well ! small world . ºÜº i am in bensalem 20 minutes from the northeast{phili that is ;) } {born in bethlehem, grew up in morrisville}

my sis is in downingtown ºÜº she once lived in boston and RI and i went to the new england states many x's during her college yrs .

turns out the "group" has moved from panama feb/07 to oct-nov/07 ........

i am not sure ?????????? so many decisions ??????? would hate to not see the sun {rainy season } :( but all r in agreement ... 10-11 days max .

saw mercury stats ..... looks great !

Archived