Shuttle Pickup time?

Swiper

When I booked Super Shuttle online it asked what time to pick us up at the port.

I put a time in that from reading on here should be no problem but!

If the ship is late will they wait?

Is 10 am to early for pickup in long beach?

Thanks

Not sure which ship you are getting off but 10:00 AM sounds like it should work.

Call Super Shuttle and ask them what happens if your ship runs late. Also, will you have a cell phone with you? If you do, just call them from the ship if you know you will be getting off late. But do that before 10:00 AM. (eg., if you knew an hour before your pickup you'd be late let them know).

But I do think 10:00 AM sounds like you will easily make it.

Keith

If you are a couple, it will not make any difference. They will have a number of vans, and will wait until they are full, then another van pulls up. If you are a group of five or more, you will probably have a van all to yourself. Last February in San Pedro, our group had a van reserved for 9:00 am, but our color wasn't even called until a little after 10:00 am. Somebody didn't think going to imigration was important. No problem, we just went to the shuttle area, and they called up our van, and away we went.

We're planning our next cruise to Mexican Riveria on Princess Diamond out of LA (Long Beach, I think).

What expert help can you give me?

Want to go to LA day before. Where to stay? How to get to port?

We're planning our next cruise to Mexican Riveria on Princess Diamond out of LA (Long Beach, I think).

Hi mm, long time no see. Princess ususally sails out of San Pedro, but many people like to stay in Long Beach. We stayed at what is now the Crowne Plaza, in San Pedro, I think it was a Sheraton when we stayed there. Your other choice is the DoubleTree. There is also a Best Western and a Holiday Inn, neither of which I've heard too many good things about. In Long Beach there is a Renaissance, Westin, Hilton, and Hyatt. There are probably more, but those are the majors. Don't forget the Queen Mary.

It's a ways from LAX to either San Pedro or Long Beach. Since there were six of us, we took PrimeTime Shuttle (about $65), and had a van by ourselves. The advantage to this is that you don't have to circle the airport for more passengers, or worry about being the last one off the van. We also used them to get back to LAX. Since we were late getting off the ship, we were afraid we might miss our 12:45 flight.(Quite a few people missed earlier flights.) Not to worry, I glanced at the speedometer once, and we were doing 85. This was a Sunday morning, so there was not a lot of traffic. Although we used PrimeTime, and they did the job, I would use Super Shuttle the next time. More and better looking vehicles.

You can also fly into Long Beach, it's much closer than LAX. I think Jet Blue flies there, but don't know if it goes out of DTW. If the address is right in your profile, I'll e-mail some things to you as I find them. We're taking an 11 day eastern Caribbean out of Tampa, on Zenith in February. Just a small group this year, there will be six of us, we might have to do pink shirts this year.

Archived