QM2 Labor Day Cruise

mariaemp675@hotmail.com

Hi Everyone,

If are sailing on the QM2 on the Labor Day 4 Day Cruise to Halifax, Nova Scotia, please come join us on the Roll Call Threads.

http://boarda.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72

I just need your cc name and your first name and the first name of anyone traveling with you. I am making name tags for our CC Meet and Greet which will be on Sunday, Sept. 3rd, at 2pm in the Commodor Club on deck 9 forward.

So far we have close to 70 people joining us at this get together.:D

I have notified both Cunard's On Board Services and Cruise Critics and hope to have some very nice surprises for those attending the Meet and Greet.;)

Looking forward to meeting you all face to face.

Smiles, :)

Maria

Maria,

Glad to hear from you again and so much looking forward to meeting you and everyone and being on the QM2.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort in making this gathering a huge success. Wow! 70 of us.:D

Ron

Maria:

Thank you for making arrangements for us. I look forward to seeing you and the other cruise critic folks on the QM2 Labor Day cruise.

Debbie a.k.a. "Finch"

(just me)

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for checking in for the cruise. Your name tag is done! :D

I am also traveling alone and we have one extra place at our 2nd seating in the Britania Restaurant. Karie and Marc and Jo and John are my other dinner companions. If you would care to join us, email me at the above email address with your booking number and I will attach your booking to ours.

Maria

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for checking in for the cruise. Your name tag is done! :D

I am also traveling alone and we have one extra place at our 2nd seating in the Britania Restaurant. Karie and Marc and Jo and John are my other dinner companions. If you would care to join us, email me at the above email address with your booking number and I will attach your booking to ours.

Maria

Debbie,

Welcome aboard. Make sure you don't miss the part about 2nd (late) seating. That's when our rowdy crowd are eating. (You know, food fights, denim evening gowns with big rhinestones... Just kidding. Just kidding! We are a refined bunch. Really!)

Maria: Thank you for that kind invitation to share your table. I am sorry for the delay in response- I haven't been on the computer here since Saturday. I am registered as first sitting; I usually don't eat late. It is VERY tempting, but I must pass. I can still eat with you at other meals than dinner! I look forward to seeing you, Travel-to-go, and others on the Board. ..I am getting spazzed out, too, with the approaching Departure!

Hi Maria: Thank you for setting up the get together. I just joined today so we could come to the party and meet fellow cruisers. Beth and I are looking forward to another great QM2 experience. Cunarders are friendly people. See you Sunday. Big Ed and Beth:D

Maria

Sorry about the confusion there will be just three of us.Tom, Debby, & Jay:)

mikey&mona aka Tom

Tom,

Am I correct in my recollection that you will be on the QE2 also during part of the world cruise? Which segment? I am trying to keep track of who will be on the cruise.

Thanks,

Bobby

Hi Maria: Thank you for setting up the get together. I just joined today so we could come to the party and meet fellow cruisers. Beth and I are looking forward to another great QM2 experience. Cunarders are friendly people. See you Sunday. Big Ed and Beth:D

Welcome to CC, Ed and Beth. Aileen and I will be thinking about you this weekend! (When we're not in our pool that is. Hmmm, Commodore lounge or pool . . . tough call) :D

Ken

IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT - IMPORTANT

OUR MEET AND GREET ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED FOR 2PM TO 3:30 PM ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 3RD IN THE COMMODORE CLUB HAS BEEN CHANGED TO

4PM TO 5:30PM

STILL ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 3RD IN THE COMMODORE CLUB.

CUNARD APPOLOGIZED FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE AND OFFERED DIFFERENT VENUES.

I CHOSE TO ACCEPT THE TIME CHANGE RATHER THAN MOVE FROM THE COMMODORE CLUB.

THOSE WHO HAVE EARY SEATING DINNER, PLEASE COME AS EARLY AS YOU CAN. SINCE THIS IS OUR ONE FORMAL NIGHT, I KNOW FOLKS WILL NEED TIME TO GET READY.

PLEASE DON'T LET THE TIME CHANGE STOP YOU FROM

COMING TO THE MEET AND GREET. EVEN IF YOU ONLY COME FOR A FEW MINUTES, AT LEAST YOU WILL GET ONE OF MY SUPER-DUPER NAME TAGS.

MARIA - WHO STILL HOPES TO MEET EACH ONE OF YOU.

I know that some people will not see this and show up at 2:00. And really, there is no reason we can't show up there if we want to anyway. We have never before arranged the time with Cunard. Normally we just set aside a time and all show up! I am more than a little irritated with Cunard. First, Maria contacted this woman several times. She kept not returning calls. When she finally did, she did not offer us anything really extra. Considering how much Maria has spent in both time and money, Considering how much we talked this cruise up and got extra people to sign up for it- And considering the amenities a travel agent would get if she booked a group of 8 cabins.... Now I realize it is not as if we booked all of these people. but we certainly didn't HURT Cunard's bottom line and their fill rate here! We will be buying drinks and spending plenty. The least they could do is not suggest at this late date that we change locations or times (Especially as early diners will be getting ready for dinner- To tell you the truth, I usually need at least 2 hours to get ready. My hair goes BELOW MY WAIST! Do you know how long it takes to dry?

Well, it is an open venue. It is not as if we have reserved a room, such as the boardroom or something.

One of us, at least, will have to be there at 2 in case someone can't come later or doesn't get the word. If you haven't given your cabin or last name to Maria by personal email, please do so, that way if we miss people, we can probably find you to at least make sure you meet a few people. (If you want to!) You can also email me at parrothead-av8rATmindspringDOTcom. (You know how to do it!) The problem is, none of us know what other people look like, so there is no way for us to tell each other from the other 3500 or so passengers once we are all on board! Unless we wear our name tags all the time! We should arrange a secret signal. If someone responds, we'll know they are a cruise critic. If not, they'll just think we have a strange tic! <G>

Or maybe we could all wear feathers in our caps and call it Macaroni. Or walk around asking everyone we meet, "Are you a Turtle?" (If you don't know about the international society of turtles, catch me on board and I will explain it to you. I'm in Cabin 6144) I intend to get up some sort of door decoration- perhaps a big cardboard hibiscus from my local party shop. I will probably put Travel-To-Go somwhere on my door so people can find me. I am amidships opposite the atrium cabins port side. You know Maria's and my rooms You can leave phone messages or messages with the purser to find us. My last name is PARKER (like the pens, the rolls, and the hotel in Boston-plus the Monopoly Brothers, but without their money. And for you Brits among us- Like Cousin Camilla, without the Bowles.) Marc's last name is Warren. When I know my dinner table, I will post it on the boards and on my door, hopefully, so you can find us at dinner (though I suspect we will be obvious. We will be one the ones at late seating having the most fun, and the most flamboyantly dressed! )

Karie,

Who is already starting to panic!

Flying to NYC today and still looking forward to the whole experience. And who invited the drenching Ernesto to tag along on sailday and on up to Halifax anyway???

I don't quite understand being asked to change but maybe we are just so many--well the merrier too maybe.

I'm sure we can hash over this sudden change while having drinks in the Commodore Club.

See you there.

CUNARD APPOLOGIZED FOR THE INCONVIENIENCE AND OFFERED DIFFERENT VENUES.

I wonder if it's just me, but if a hotel were to change its mind at the last minute and say "You can't have your wedding here today at the time you want - you can either change the time or the hotel" it would not be acceptable. Why should Cunard be able to get away with it? I'm not sure what you can do about it at this short notice, but I'd expect free drinks, canapés, you name it, at the new time.

Karie - you might be panicking, but have you started to pack yet?:)

I wonder if it's just me, but if a hotel were to change its mind at the last minute and say "You can't have your wedding here today at the time you want - you can either change the time or the hotel" it would not be acceptable. Why should Cunard be able to get away with it? I'm not sure what you can do about it at this short notice, but I'd expect free drinks, canapés, you name it, at the new time.

Karie - you might be panicking, but have you started to pack yet?:)

Dateline: Colchester, CT 10:22 AM

Well, I am thinking about starting any minute now.

We should be on our way shortly (I was planning a 10:00 getaway, but I had a small set-back. Last night- around 3 AM I managed to step on a wooden dowel that was sticking up out of something on the floor (Where it had been moved to facilitate Marc's packing) Idiot me (Grace is my middle name) It went RIGHT THROUGH my big toe. We cleaned it, bandaged it, and did the best we could. We thought about hitting the ER- but it was clean and I know the signs of infection. It's only four days and they have qualified medical personnel on board. I have brought first aid stuff with me and will be fine. But there goes my professional dancing career.<G>

Karie,

Who will be on her way shortly, with at least enough clothes for two weeks, and not the right things for the next four days!

It's only four days and they have qualified medical personnel on board.

Karie - I'd trust the medical staff on board far more than I would my own doctor (and he's not bad;) ). Have a good time - lots to eat and drink is the best cure for a poorly foot:)

With at least enough clothes for two weeks, and not the right things for the next four days!

2 weeks = 14 days. 14 days of clothes translates into only 3½ changes per day. Have you still got time to go and buy some more before you sail?:)

Archived