Pride of Hawaii departs from one of the islands early?

Kay240

:confused: I know I have read this in at least two places, but I can't find it on the Boards or in my notes. I understand POH leaves one of the islands at 2:00, not 6:00 like the iternary shows. WHICH ISLAND??

Only the NCLA ones leave early, the wind/sun NCL ships don't cause they only have a single day on Kauai

Thanks for the correction. Since the NCL ships leave later, do the Wind or Sun arrive later than the NCLA ships so passengers can see the Na Pali coast? Or do they just miss this?

They skip napali coast. Only NCLA sees napali coast. None of the competing cruiselines go by it either.

People whine about having to leave at 2pm on the 2nd day, until they figure out that the Napali coast is pretty much the most amazing thing you could see from a cruise ship. :)

Hey, MikeKay, your photo looks more like Bu Lai...

The Na Pali Coast is indeed spectacular. Our Honolulu family just returned last week from a wonderful POH cruise, port side, with three adjoining balconies that we opened up to form a nice, long lanai.

Imagine sitting in your bathing suit, with your feet up, surrounded by family, listening to Israel Kamakawiwoole on your iPod speakers, eating Kona coffee cheesecake from the free Room Service, and watching those magnificent peaks for hours. HEAVEN!

As I said before, Life is Good :p !

This is exactly why we booked the POH....can't wait to cruise by the Napali coast. We've have cruised on the Wind for the last 2 years....but never got to see this sight in Kauai......can't wait!!

We are sailing on the POA and our ship departs Kauai at 2:00PM on a Friday.

Would this be the day we sail past the Napali Coast, (assuming this is part of our cruise plan)?

If so, can anyone suggest a good spot on the ship to enjoy the view? Also, what is the time frame to view this? Maybe plan on dinner somewhere on the ship that would have a nice view?

Thanks to anyone out there that can help!

I've reservations on the POH for next April (an Atlantis charter). Unfortunately we leave Nawilliwili at 6 A.M. & dock at HNL at 7. I guess I won't be seeing the NaPali coastline on that trip!!

We were on the POH 8/7 sailing. I was disappointed that we were leaving Kauai early, until we sailed by the Napali coast. It is simply the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life. As someone said above, get a Corona or two, find a chair by the rail (or on your balcony) and watch the most spectacular scenery you have ever seen go by as the sun goes down behind you. Then go to the other side of the ship and watch a fantastic sunset on your last night. Simply breathtaking!

See my review, which is now several pages back. I have tried posting on the review section, but it is still not up. They must have a delay. You will enjoy POH, despite some small issues on the ship.

MBMAM

I've reservations on the POH for next April (an Atlantis charter). Unfortunately we leave Nawilliwili at 6 A.M. & dock at HNL at 7. I guess I won't be seeing the NaPali coastline on that trip!!

Atlantis did not charter the whole ship. I feel very sorry for the people who booked that sailing without realizing what they are in for, but that's another discussion.

A very few sailings leave at 6am, because the tiny Kauai ports gets jammed with other ships and NCL gets the boot. I think you would still see Napali coast that day, just pretty early.

We are sailing on the POA and our ship departs Kauai at 2:00PM on a Friday.

Would this be the day we sail past the Napali Coast, (assuming this is part of our cruise plan)?

Yes that's it, enjoy watching somewhere from the port (left) side.

I see on the Atlantis web site that the itenerary has changed slightly.

Originally they had the ship departing Kauai at 6 a.m. and arriving HNL at 7 a.m. Personally I couldn't figure out how they could cover that distance in an hour.

Now they have the ship departing at 11 p.m. on the 28th & arriving HNL at 7 a.m. on the 30th. This sounds a bit more realistic, but I'm still NOT going to get to see the NaPali coast :-(

I am on the April cruise and am really disappointed about missing the Napali Coast. I am considering changing my travel plans to another date, but I already have airline tickets and would lose some $ if a cancelled or changed dates. Ironically I read about the change in the itinerary about 1 hour after I mailed my confirmation notice to Atlantis. :(

Atlantis did not charter the whole ship. I feel very sorry for the people who booked that sailing without realizing what they are in for, but that's another discussion.

A very few sailings leave at 6am, because the tiny Kauai ports gets jammed with other ships and NCL gets the boot. I think you would still see Napali coast that day, just pretty early.

Atlantis ALWAYS charters the entire ship.

Atlantis ALWAYS charters the entire ship.

You are definitely wrong about that.

You can read comments from a cruise critic member who discovered to their horror that they were booked on this cruise, with most of the entertainment and activities modified to be geared to the special group.

The majority of cabins are booked by Atlantis, but many unsuspecting people who would have chosen differently had they known, will be on a gay themed cruise. These unaffiliated people will only find out immediately after boarding -- Surprise!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=390535

Archived