(jewel) noise from above in AF Mini?

flvol77

I am looking at a mini on the jewel. Cat AF. I see there are a lot of restaurants and other public areas above, has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and was there any noise from above, I am looking at the back the ship....Mama's Kitchen would be above us...this makes me very nervous. We had a VS Suite on the Caribbean Princess in April and all we heard at night was club fusion til 1-3 am

Hi there, we are booked in 3 AFT mini's/AF and an inside cabin on the Jewel for next January and although there is stuff up above, I am hoping it will be fine. The location of these suites is a great one and apparently the view is amazing! I would go for it!

Leah:)

I am booked for the 11/3/2007 cruise on the new Gem in an AF mini-suite as well. I have no tolerance for noise above me as, I too, had a bad experience on a Carnival cruise years ago. I had deck furniture being dragged above me until 3am. every night and got very little sleep. We chose our cabin on the Gem based on the deck plans of the Pearl (and Jewel) and will be all the way forward so that we are underneath the library and spa treatment rooms. I don't anticipate much noise in that area. I would be wary of restaurants, the aerobics area, and clubs. Even though you may not be directly below a restaurant, you may be under the kitchen, which could potentially be very noisy at night as the crew is up at all hours preparing food for us.

I know I must have driven my TA nuts with cabin choices, but this is our cruise and we want to be happy!

This makes me nervous because my wife and I love our afternoon naps while we are on vacation....eventhough they maybe not serving dinner a 3 pm they will be in the kitchen preparing the food....hmmmmm not good!

I do not in any way want to discourage you from booking a midship or aft cabin. Luckily for you, there are many people who have cruised on the Jewel and can tell you what their experiences were like. The Pearl is set to sail this October and the Gem is not scheduled to set sail until next year. I will have to be patient and wait for reviews to come in. If you have a specific cabin in mind, why not post with questions about it and see what kind of responses you get!

Sailed in a mini on the Dawn aft - right next to the spa. Someone left a cupboard door open and it banged all night on the first night. Arrrrgh! Never happened again thankfully.

Sailed in the Penthouse just below the Garden Cafe. Did hear some sliding chairs in the late evening. Not enough bother to keep me away.

Those chairs also move in high wind and normally at night the Captain kicks up the speed.

We're in 11152 on the Jewel on 10/9/06. I don't care if they move heaven and earth above my cabin, I can't wait to be there!

I a would hate to spoil your vaction but deck 11 (this is where we are midshio) suffers from noiseThe rear cabin aft have the grat outdoors above and we were actually told by NCL that we should go midship or forward.

Beware though if you suffer form sea sickness forward can be quite bumpy if you get rough sea due to its position and height.

BUT this is a beautiful ship with a Wonderful staff you will love it

Ginny, We were in cabin 11152 on the 7/30 sailing of the Jewel. You will love this cabin! The port of Naples was especially nice. When we woke up and opened the curtins, Mt. Vesuvius was right in front of us. The aft cabins had the best view from the ship. Very little noise from the Great Outdoors above us. Sometimes you heard tables scraping but nothing that annoyed us or kept us up. Have a great time!

we were in 11154 on Jewel. NO noise from above. a great cabin, and a great location.

Always better to listen to people who have been on the ship and in the cabin as opposed to someone on the phone who may have been neither.

Give you a good piece of advice, please do not book mini suite above the garden cafe on the aft is way too noisy, we had all kinds of different noises to droping plates, to broken a plates..

I believe you mean the mini-suites BELOW the garden cafe?

Gee, special tips, I can't think of any. We were concerned about being an adjoining cabin, but we love afts so we took it anyway. The people next door were very nice and we never heard them at all. They said the same about us too (thankfully).

One thing about 11154 I might mention. I don't know if the other mini suites are like this or if ours was like this because it was adjoining. The adjoining door is in the hallway as you walk in. In some minis I think this may be where the closet is. Ours, however, was next to the bed (and next to my side also). At night I had to adjust the hangers, because they were doing their "hanger dance." :eek: :p I'm jealous. I'm thinking of booking the Pearl and would love to be fortunate enough to have this cabin again.

Enjoy your cruise.

Mafig - Thanks!! We are happy to have the adjoining cabin because my grandparents who are in their early 80's and completely freaked out about cruising are in that adjoining cabin! We are their keepers this cruise! My parents are just around the corner in 11636 and our kids are across the hall, so it is a fantastic set up! Thanks for the "hangers' info, I will definitely move them or make sure they don't rattle, that would drive me batty.... tee hee.... I can't wait, it looks like a lovely cabin and the view....can't wait!

Leah

I am looking at a mini on the jewel. Cat AF. I see there are a lot of restaurants and other public areas above, has anyone stayed in one of these rooms and was there any noise from above, I am looking at the back the ship....Mama's Kitchen would be above us...this makes me very nervous. We had a VS Suite on the Caribbean Princess in April and all we heard at night was club fusion til 1-3 am

We were in minisuite 11050 on our last sailing, and the room was very quiet. The only noise that we heard was on the night of the Caribbean deck party, and the music ended before midnight. It was a great location, in my opinion!

Archived