Kudsadasi Tours

We used Levant in Istanbul in June 2001 and Yassar in Ephesus. Yassar was really very Knowledgeable about the area. Would highly recommend him. As we live in the NY metropolitian area he even e mailed to see that we were okay after Sept.11. I think you could reach him at yssar@superonline.com

although that is an old e mail address.

Help! I just found out today that part of our 30 day cruise on Princess, Sept.16 Rome to Bangkok Oct.16 doesn't really have all the ports finalized. If you read the Aisa "Ports of Call" boards you will find that some of the ports posted in your itinerary don't actually materialize. Now here's the problem. We have a group of savy travlers who are putting together their own independent tours, people who have talked to friends who have done this and checked boards everywhere. So Princess doesn't know or won't disclose yet where they are docking. What are you supposed to do?

We have decided to ask the people we are working independently with to put together two itineraries from each port, try to find out who is doing the Princess tours and ask for a headsup, etc. It seems to me that if you are a big tour operator you know what the other guys are doing , right? Is this too American thinking about business? UHHHHHHH

Any info would be appreciated!!!!!!!

Regards to All,

Shannon

We toured Istanbul with Nejat Incedogan in 2001. He is a wonderful tourguide. Because we didn't know better at the time, we had committed to another guide for Kusadasi. Our friends toured there with Nejat and were very pleased! Others we have referred to him have contacted us upon their return and they were impressed too. One of these families had children and appreciated the way he interacted with them. We are hoping to tour Ephesus with him next year.

*****@yahoo.com.

Julie

juliejoe@swbell.net

Help!! We are thinking of doing this Med cruise sometime next year and would probably try and book private tours/excursions, but am a bit worried about some of the advice on the boards now because of "shills".

Just curious how one would know if someone really was...I can see that spdavid is probably most certainly one because of reading all his posts and of course all the research by other cc members. I went back and read all of peterharts posts, but not sure why people think he is a shill? Just looked like normal posts to me. He doesn't actually mention any tour guys except in one other post. Granted he did post right after spdavid on one thread, but not sure I see a connection.

We've done tours on our own and ones thru Princess...all depends which ports etc. and have good and just OK of both, but generally because of the cost and the number of people the private ones turn out a little better, but now I'm kind of worried.

Thanks for any info.

Linda

We had a very good guide and driver when we were in Kusadasi in May on the Westerdam. We booked with Meander Travel, it was $120 for about six very enjoyable hours in a new Audi. They wanted to be paid in US dollars.

Since we had been to Ephesus before, we went to the three ancient cities, which were uncrowded and fascinating. If you haven't been to Ephesus make that your priority.

Turkey is a wonderful destination and we have always found the people very friendly.

I am not a "shill" and approve of this message.

Archived