Islander, or anyone, need help in St Thomas

gottagocruisin

:confused: First of all, can you walk from Havensight to CA? Is it best to just buy souveniers at Havensight?

Also, I am wanting to go on a 1 1/2 hr island tour, Coki Beach 1-2hrs, Sapphire Beach 1-2 hrs, then try to catch ferry to St John to see Beach 1-2 hrs. We will be here on Tuesday 9/26/06 8a.m.-6p.m. Am I crazy or can this be done? It seems like everyone wants to offer 3hr shopping (don't want that) with their tour packages, so who should I use, which ferry, or what are my options? Please map this out for me. First time visitor to your island.

Hello,

The walk from Havensight to Charlotte Amalie takes about 30 minutes. If you just want a few souvenirs, you can pick them up right in Havensight.

While you are in port 8-6pm it doesn't mean you will be off the ship right at 8am and typically you need to be back on the ship like 30 minutes before departure. Traffic around Havensight in the afternoon 4-6pm can be tight with taxis bringing passengers back and with residents getting off work, so you can't really plan on heading back to late. Think about maybe doing the souvenir shopping in Havensight in the afternoon, before getting back on the ship.

You don't have enough time to comfortably enjoy visiting three beaches on two islands plus an island tour of one of the islands.

You can find the St. John ferry departure points, schedules, times, prices at http://www.*****/stjohn/getting_there/.

You could take a taxi from Havensight to Coki Beach or Sapphire first thing, spend some time there; keep track of time. The Red Hook Ferry is about 6-8 minutes drive from Coki Beach, shorter drive from Sapphire, and the ferry leaves every hour on the hour. So watch your time with the intent of catching a taxi and getting to the Red Hook-St. John ferry.

The Red Hook ferry arrives in Cruz Bay St. John. There are taxis waiting by the ferry dock. Its about 12-15 minutes to the popular north shore beaches like Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay. You can have lunch there at the little grill/concession. The return ferries to Red Hook from St. John also leave every hour on the hour so again watch the time and determine what ferry you need to be at and when you need to leave the beach to get to it. There are showers and restrooms rooms at Trunk Bay if you want to bring some dry cloths to switch into.

If you were able to get an early start you should have enough time to get an hour or so tour in of St. Thomas; you can request that of a taxi in Red Hook. Have it start in Red Hook and end at Havensight/the ship. Coki & Sapphire are a fairly short drive from Red Hook so you could request your tour swing by whichever one you didn't go to so you can just see it.

You can pick up some souvenirs in Havensight before getting back on the ship if you have time to do so.

--Islander

http://www.*****

Archived