QE2 Embarkation Times

rjms74

Can anyone who has recently travelled no QE2 advise of what sort of boarding times they had on their tickets? I ask this question as I am on QE2 next month for the 3 week US & Canada cruise travelleling in a 2 deck PG cabin and my ticket says 1 pm for boarding & yet an insert included with the tickets stated the following times:

Deck 5 - 12 pm

Deck 4 - 12.45 pm

Deck 3 - 1.45 pm

Deck 2 / Boat - 2.15 pm

Deck 1 / 3 pm

Signal / Sun - between 12 - 3pm

Surely these times apart from the Signal & Sund Deck check in from midday are the wrong way round?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I usually have boarded from 1.30 - 2 pm in a Grill cabin on either 1 or 2 deck - the insert is new like withthe QM2 'staggered boarding' programme and is advertised as new for QE2!

Having only travelled on QM2 once (I much prefer QE2) there were not queues at check in like for QE2 more so for the Mauretania & Caronia check in - the Grill check in from my experience is very quick!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

In July Cunard did not have the insert. My ticket said 1pm check-in time (I had a P1 cabin on deck 2) but it was a mistake to arrive at that time.

The queue was the longest I have ever seen at the grill check-in and even priority boarding did not start before 2pm.

If the insert really shows the new standard, it might again be a sign that some people at the Princess office have no idea about Cunard and QE2. Or why would the lowest grades board first?

The last transatlantic I sailed in QE2 (Southampton-NY), I was given priority boarding because I had a platinum card. I was in my Caronia single cabin by 1 pm. Later that year, I was denied priority boarding in NY for QM2, even with the Platinum card. The P & O embarkation staff (outsourced) was clueless. I raised a discrete scene and was allowed to board ahead of a serpentine line so long that, if it were linear, would have stretched the entire width of Manhattan. On my next QM2 cruise, I was given priority booking and was aboard by 12:30pm for a 6pm sailing. Motto: It all depends upon the embarkation staff.

.....The queue was the longest I have ever seen at the grill check-in and even priority boarding did not start before 2pm..... Princess office have no idea about Cunard and QE2. Or why would the lowest grades board first?

Hey Carl

You don't mean they're letting steerage on first do you ?????

Ken

I thought traditionally first class passengers embarked last. I am sure I have some Queen Mary timetables that show the first class boat train arriving last at Southampton. Of course in those days for many a ship was endured not enjoyed.

Perhaps Cunard should be applauded for reinstating the tradition.

The last time we departed from Southampton the queue was outside the building. We were lucky to be Grill passengers so did not suffer. I think they do need to spread embarkation over a longer period. The order seems a little odd. Perhaps you can just ignore the time like you can with QM2.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Thanks for all your posts. Having double checked with Cunard the insert sent with my tickets is only a pilot scheme for a staggered check-in time for QE2 & I am going by my 1pm check in time on my ticket & head for the Grill check in line. I did say to Cunard that it seemed strange that the lower deck cabins were boarding before higher grade cabins but as they said it's only a trial & as someone mentioned perhaps the 2.15 pm is a better time to arrive when queues should be better & you can hopefully sail through Grill sep. check in.

Upon my return in early Oct I will of course advise how the check in went!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Can anyone who has recently travelled no QE2 advise of what sort of boarding times they had on their tickets? I ask this question as I am on QE2 next month for the 3 week US & Canada cruise travelleling in a 2 deck PG cabin and my ticket says 1 pm for boarding & yet an insert included with the tickets stated the following times:

Deck 5 - 12 pm

Deck 4 - 12.45 pm

Deck 3 - 1.45 pm

Deck 2 / Boat - 2.15 pm

Deck 1 / 3 pm

Signal / Sun - between 12 - 3pm

Surely these times apart from the Signal & Sund Deck check in from midday are the wrong way round?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

My recent tickets had the same info - we were allowed to check in from 12.00 (I was deck 5!) - but then had to wait for about 2 hours before actual embarkation. Once embarkation started (about 2pm I think) about 200 people had priority boarding, then it was simply in check-in order - i.e. The earlier you arrive, the earlier 'embarkation card' you collect.

Karen

Archived