Conde Nast Compares ships to Celebrities...

Tamara

In a recent Conde' Nast article they match each Cruise Lines style/atmosphere with a Celebrity/Star.

What do you think, did they get it right?

Abercrombie & Kent Explorer...James Bond, after retirement

CARNIVAL...ADAM SANDLER

Celebrity...Cast of Desterate Housewives

Crystal...Larry King

Cunard: Queen Mary 2... Madona

Holland America...Willard Scott

Lindblad Expeditions...Sir Edmund Hillary

Norwegian Cruise Line...Kelly Clarkson

Oceania...W. Mark Felt

Princess... Cast of the Office

Regent Seven Seas... Tom Brokaw

Royal Caribbean...Cast of Cheaper by the Dozen

SeaDream Yacht Club...George Clooney

Silversea...Luciano Pavarotti

Windstar...Jennifer Aniston & Vince Vaughn

Yachts of Seaborn... Lauren Bacall

I'd say they're a little off on quite a few (from my experience as well as simply listening to others). But then, Conde` Nast isn't top drawer in my opinion, either. I let my subscription lapse....a little too high brow/biased for me.:D

I'd say about half of them might be good matches, but Madonna on Cunard? No way! While I think Adam Sandler is funny, I think they could look elsewhere for a Carnival match. ;)

Don't forget Adam Sandler's latest movies such as Spanglish and Click....they were a far cry from Big Daddy and The Chanukkah Song

Who would you match with CCL? I don't think Adam Sandler is too bad, but Happy Gilmour might like RCCL better for the mini golf. -Tamara

I was waiting for someone to ask who W. Mark Felt was, but I bet hstrybuf knows.

Who would you match with CCL? I don't think Adam Sandler is too bad, but Happy Gilmour might like RCCL better for the mini golf. -Tamara

I was waiting for someone to ask who W. Mark Felt was, but I bet hstrybuf knows.

Yep, he was the one who was known as "Deep Throat" in the Watergate scandal. ;)

RCCL is right on the money.

I have never sailed on RCCL but I have seen Cheaper By the Dozen 2 and of course I have seen RCCL commercials and when I read that I actually had a visual of that movie family replacing other people I have seen in the commercials!

and I get the Adam Sandler reference...fun, relaxed, not pretentous, a good time! My theory is that they may be referring to Madonna's "married in an English castle/wanna-be-English expatriotism" when linking her with Cunard and QM2. I'm with LizaMM on picturing the Cheaper By The Dozen clan nestled amongst the pretty families on the commercials for RCL. Granted, I've never been on the other lines, but based on their reputations, I can see the humor and logic in the links. Too funny. :D

Look at the adds in each Conde Nast to see who they are pushing each month. Thats what makes their boat float. I subscribe however I put very little into their reviews. I stayed last month in a Windsor Court they rated at 5 stars and no way was it a 5 star hotel. Very nice yes but way over rated.

Madonna for the Cunard line that is funny. I agree with the poster who said whats wrong with Adam Saddler for a shipmate sounds like fun. CCL is not supposed to be highbrow. It is in IMHO the best value for your cruising $.

Conde Nast is the publisher not the magazine. The magazine I'm guessing is Traveler that you are referring to?

I'd don't put much stock in their reviews because if you don't advertise with them, they don't review you.

The actual full name of the magazine is Conde Nast Traveller.

I bet if CCL had a blue collar comedy tour sailing it would be a sellout. I can invision Larry in his sleeveless plaid shirt lounging by the pool. It reminds me of a cruise we took when a man of Larry's simular physic wore a sleeveless tank top to dinner (in the dinning room) every nite. -Tamara

Conde Nast is the publisher not the magazine. The magazine I'm guessing is Traveler that you are referring to?.

Surely, everybody knows it's the magazine "Conde`Nast Traveler" that's being referred to?:D

From the Conde Nast Traveler pull out -

A cruise can be your worst nightmare, or it can be your best vacation ever. Choose the wrong ship and you could be trapped in a Las Vegas at sea for a week, wandering in search of an empty lounge chair, bombarded by infomercial-style sales pitches, forced to dine with strangers whose idea of a thrill is the ice sculptures at the midnight buffet, and waiting in hour-long lines to get ashore in tourist-jammed ports.

Hmmm, I wonder what cruise line is her nightmare? My subsciption will be lapsing too Cotton. :rolleyes:

I would definitely be on board a Blue Collar Comedy Ship!!! Ron White is my favorite dude every, when I grow up I want to be just like him! Nothing wrong with Larry either... Git-R-done

Just think of the interesting Redneck games we would be able to watch around the pool. :D :eek:

Originating from the South, I would be darned proud to have the Blue Collar Comedy tour represent Carnival!!!!! I have no desire to be on huffy, stuffy, "butled" cruiselines. No way.

But I have a question, can anyone tell me what Celebrity has to do with Desperate Housewives?

Just think of the interesting Redneck games we would be able to watch around the pool. :D :eek:

Just think of all the waterskis, fishing poles and stink bait that would be carried aboard the ship. I can see Larry trolling off the back of the Lido...

Archived