St Thomas to St Johns - Other Means of Transportation

Hi All,

I've read somewhere that there is a bus you can take to St. Johns from St. Thomas which is around $2 and should be located near the ship dock. Does anyone have any information regarding this "BUS"?

[1] Location on St Thomas and St. Johns?

[2] Bus schedule?

[3] Does this bus only go to St. John?

[4] How far away is Trunk Bay from St. John's bus stop?

Thanks for all the info..trying very hard to avoid that $10 pp each way ferry ride over to St. Johns.

- Sillybutt:)

You can't take a bus to St. John's. It's an island. The bus that has been mentioned in other threads is in place of a taxi to or from the Ferry.

From what I gather you must take some form of road transportation from the ship to the Ferry terminal. And then some form of road transportation in St. John.

Thanks for all the info..trying very hard to avoid that $10 pp each way ferry ride over to St. Johns.

- Sillybutt:)

Because $20 is too expensive???!?!?!?!?:rolleyes:

It's worth every penny and probably the cheapest thing you will do in the eastern Caribbean.

The ferry ride isn't $10 each way, it is the taxi ride that is that expensive. You can avoid that if you catch the bus. We rode it coming back from Red Hook last time. We will catch it going and coming on our next cruise. We got off the bus down the street from the tram ride. I am sure the locals will help you find the stop. Just ask the bus driver if it goes to Red Hook.

The ONLY way to get to St. John from St. Thomas is ferry...I've been going there for many years and I wish there was a $2.00 bus that could take us there!!

You can take a taxi to Red Hook from the cruise terminal and then take the 15 minute ferry to Cruz Bay OR take a taxi to Charlotte Amalie and take the 45 minute taxi to Cruz Bay..

Either way, it's going to cost $$ and once you get to Cruz Bay, you have to take another taxi to Trunk Bay..(not far but still $$) and there is a $4 per person charge to get on Trunk. It's a nice beach but after all these years...too touristy for us.

In calculation, no matter what you do, it's going to cost a minimum of $60.00 to go from St. Thomas to St. John for 2, if you go to Trunk Bay..and that doesn't include anything but transportation.

Is it worth it...??? Absolutely!!!

You can take a taxi to Red Hook from the cruise terminal and then take the 15 minute ferry to Cruz Bay OR take a taxi to Charlotte Amalie and take the 45 minute taxi to Cruz Bay..

Sillybutt, I am sure sgttami meant 45 minute ferry ride from Charlotte Amalie.

Okay, I don't think I explained enough.

1. Taxi/bus from cruise terminal to Red Hook ($10 taxi or $2 bus pp. each way)

2. Ferry ride over to Cruz Bay ($5 pp each way)

3. Taxi to Trunk Bay ($6 pp each way)

4. Cost to get in to Trunk Bay ($4 pp) (If you go to Cinnamon you won't have this charge, but it is $1 more pp for the taxi.)

Which ever way you go, if you do go, as sgttami said, is worth every penny! You are already paying for a wonderful cruise, don't skimp here!

We went to St. John on our last cruise. IT is worth every penny!!! Beautiful! We didn't book the excursion through RCC in time and it was sold out. So we had to do it on our own. It was the same price as the excursion through RCC. It cost us $98 for the two of us: taxi ride, ferry, taxi at St. John, admission to Trunk Bay, snorkeling gear, taxi back to ferry, ferry and then taxi back to ship. It was worth it!

Archived