Are There Any Other Cruise Addicts Or Board Addicts Out There?

poolwife

From reading another thread, I decided to start this one to see how many other people are true addicts of these boards out there. I find when I am home that I am off and on them all day long. It is ridiculous but I really enjoy it. My grown daughter thought she was being funny the other day and said she wondered if there was a pill for this addiction.

I have learned so many interesting and valuable things on here. I read a roll call for an upcoming cruise I am on and there is too much chit chatting for me. I like the posts that are truly helpful and informative regarding our trips and cruises.

I am addicted to cruising itself and to writing and reading on these boards.

Not sure where this thread should have been put. We started chatting about this subject here under "Celebrity" so that is where I put it.

Let's hear what some of the rest of your experiences are..............

Yes, I'm another...............I joined almost a year ago, but didn't get really addicted till several of my family went on the Infinity in June. This was the first cruise for my parents who are 87 and 88!!! I check the board at least 5 times/day, and we are not sailing for another 15 months, so that will be a lot of time on here before we go!!!! I love looking at peoples' pictures and there are some very good photographers out there. You also learn a lot of things. I love cruising and wish we could afford to go more often. The cruise we are booked on 15 months from now is for our 40th anniversary.

Yes, I knew you were kidding right away as I have seen your posts on the boards alot.

What has been the ships you have enjoyed particularly and places to go?

Nah. That must have been an imposter!;) I've only been on two Celebrity ships, Mercury and Galaxy. Mercury is my favourite, probably because it was the first ship I cruised on. As for places, it's really difficult to say. I've enjoyed them all for different reasons. Most surprising was the Mexican Riviera. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much, but ended up really loving it. The blue seas around the Caribbean are great. I'm really looking forward to the Mediterranean next month. That will be another new experience. It's all good:)

Phil

Yep, I guess I'm addicted also. I'm trying to follow 5 roll calls, 4 booked cruises and one just past ! We are retired and deposit poor.:o DH golfs, even in this weather, so I just play here. I love checking out other stuff, and always find something of interest to read and learn from. :)

Have to check first thing in the morning with my coffee, mid day, late afternoon, and just before bed. I think I have it bad !

Only discovered this about a year ago and for a long time couldn't post, but now that I can, I do ! Too hot to do much outdoors this time of year, so I play here! :D

I am also deposit poor. We are paid up and going on the Constellation on 10/5/06 but also have deposits out there for 3 other cruises. Really bad, huh!

I agree we liked the Mercury also. I was a little apprehensive as I hadn't read a lot of good reviews about it but we loved it! Our cruise on the Mercury was an 11 night Mexican Rivera that went to Acapulco. Was a great cruise. We have gotten so that we like cruises longer than 7 days, if possible. But, any cruise is better than no cruise. We have twice taken and LA to Vancouver and then a Vancouver to LA cruise and gotten REALLY good deals for those 3 days jaunts. Even those were great and we got to get a taste of a certain ship that we otherwise weren't going on.

You are going to love the Constellation. I am so jealous. I have also booked two other cruises on the Oceania Regatta and the Millenium (family and others to consider in making these plans). But if I had my way- I'd be stowed away on the Constellation. Just a wonderful ship.

And yes, I am getting addicted to these boards. Kind of a chat room!

I am also a cruise critic junkie. i happen to like the roll calls and love the chit-chatting especially since some of my roll calls have been longer than a year or about a year. It gets a chance to really meet the people on-line and then when we finally meet them it is just plain fun. Poolwife we are on the same cruise on the Constellation and thress us of have been talking for about 1 year. I am glad you joined our roll call today.

Marilyn

Marilyn:

What is the 5000+ club that is listed under your name? Must be some special significance. Can't be that you have done 5000+ cruises, is it?

Poolwife the 5000 means that I have posted 5000 responses to this forum. On the upper-right hand corner of each post there is listed when the person joined, where they live and the current number of posts that a person has done. There are quite a few of us on all of the cruiselines that like to chit-chat alot. And no I have not done 5000 cruises.:D Not yet anyway.

Marilyn

Marilyn, I couldn't agree more about the chat on the roll call before the cruise. We had a motto on our last Mexican Riviera cruise, picked up from elsewhere on the boards and had tee shirts and door signs made quoting it. "Meeting Old Friends for the First Time". It said it perfectly.:)

poolwife, thanks for this nice threadBig-Thumbs-Up.gif

Phil

There is a twelve-step program that can help, I've tried it and I felt much better; Here's the program...Stand approximately 10 feet away from the gangway of the nearest Celebrity ship, face toward the ship and take twelve steps forward! :p Oh, yeah, don't forget your ticket and passport!:cool:

Hello.........My name is Cindiedee and I am a cruiseaholic...................we have 3 in the next 8 months and as said above, we are deposit poor - but that is ok...............we just LOVE cruising and can't imagine NOT doing it. I think cruising is OUR way of life but for most people, you either love it or hate it - there doesn't seem to be any in between - you rarely hear anyone say "well it was ok". And, we all know that it is the bargain of the travel world - you can't do land tours with hotel, transport, food, entertainment, etc for what we pay all inclusive on a cruise.

Shhhh...let's not tell anyone else about our wonderful world of cruising - the more that want to go............the more the cruiselines will raise the prices due to demand! So, let's keep this a little secret among ourselves.....ok? :D

Unfortunately we dont get to cruise very often, every couple of years. But as soon as we book a cruise- here i am, and all the time. just cannot resist.

When the cruise is over its double sad- you miss the cruise but also the fun of the cruise critic.

Our roll call this time is very small and not very talkative, but i keep trying. It is 6 months away yet so maybe it will grow.

Have met and kept some wonderful friends via these boards.

Do you ever find yourself talking to yourself ,saying-"now you dont need to go there again !"-

ADDICTIVE ?? OHHH YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nadine

Poolwife - I became addicted to this site about 12-14 months ago. I think X has a terrific site with lots of info but you can't beat the Boards!

I lurked until just recently; got to know quite a few people but never felt I had anything to say - somebody else would always say what I might have said, and they would say it a lot better. I enjoyed learning things about cruising - with only three cruises under my belt, I feel like a novice - and X in particular (our Sep cruise will be our first with X). Over the winter, I had to go 'Cold Turkey' and stop reading the Boards - too busy. In the late spring I came back - limited myself to weekends - and have since progressed to full blown addict. I think my DH is going to throw an 'intervention' soon!;) You and I have already conversed on another thread and that just makes me more involved with the Boards.

How bad can it be? I can read messages from generous, witty, helpful, friendly.....people, or I can fold the clothes. Maybe some addictions are OK!?! Of course, I still have to fold those clothes, clean the house, prepare for a dinner party, ....better sign me up for that 12 step program too!;)

Denise

Archived