Are There Any Other Cruise Addicts Or Board Addicts Out There?

poolwife

There is a twelve-step program that can help, I've tried it and I felt much better; Here's the program...Stand approximately 10 feet away from the gangway of the nearest Celebrity ship, face toward the ship and take twelve steps forward! :p Oh, yeah, don't forget your ticket and passport!:cool:

I'm not addicted. I'm not cruise obsessed.

I'm just researching the difference in sleep patterns on land at sea. I'm dedicated to my studies and have 10 new projects planned for the next year. Research requires a lot of computer time so that I can plan adequately for my task. Now that the bedding has been changed, I have to study all the ships again.

If you think you need help you can email me at cruisenut@xxxx;)

Ahh, cruise addict, another one of my addictions. Slots are my other addiction. I found these boards just prior to my cruise on the Norwegian Dawn. However if I believed everything everyone said on these boards I would have never went on that cruise. I am on these boards every chance I get which seems to be everyday unless I am on a cruise, or in Florida. I enjoy these boards even when the discussions get heated, I have learned so much and I am still learning.

Oh one more addiction, there is a game site on the internet where I go very frequently, lots of games, play for tokens, can win real money.

:D :D :D

well, I haven't even gone on my first cruise yet - next year - and I am completly addicted to cc since I found it but wouldn't dare admit it until I read this thread !!! - in fact, I've been in withdrawal all week because I put my back out and couldn't sit at the computer - even though I have a recliner here - so now I have a whole week's reading to catch up on :D have to limit my time though - even this chair's not good for me right now - and I won't be posting much - but I'll be back soon !!!!

(and I had to move my computer screen to the edge of the desk so I could read it while lying back in my chair - the eyes are going too !!! - just falling apart !!! LOL !!!)

sooooooo excited:

Sorry to hear your back is so bad. Hope you are on the mend soon. Well, if you think you are addicted to the boards wait until after your first cruise then you will be addicted to cruising and on the boards again and planning your next one.

So, where did you pick for your first cruise and what ship are you on?

I guess I am not really an addict, but I sure love cruising. My wife and I are only at 2 cruises per year right now, but I expect that to increase over the years.

That is crazy to have over 5000 posts.

I do like to read what people have to say. You can really pick up some great tips on this site. Met some cool people thru this site on our last cruise in April.

Constantly reading and looking for a 12 step program.

Marilyn

Yeah, we should make a program so we can get off this thing:mad: I am doing this when I should be packing for my upcoming move!

I love the different aspects of hearing others point of views and meeting great people. The people on our roll call are fantastic! I got addicted 6 months ago and am a champ at work at toggling back and forth between the work I should be doing and feeding my addiction:p

Woo

I am totally addicted to cruising. Currently I have 3 cruises book (2 on Connie, 1 one Century) and I can't wait for all of them.... I recently started looking at these boards, and I find them very informative. It is amazing to be able to ask a question and have an answer in a few hours. I find that the answers I get from regular people, are better than the ones I get for the TAs...

I thought about joining a self-help program for my board addiction, but I decided against it. After all, the first step is to admit that I have a problem, and personally - I don't see this as a problem!!! :p

It is a way of life, and as necessary as the breakfast I eat every day. I joined when I found the roll call for my now cancelled cruise (9/13, Infinity to Alaska), but will try again with the cruise we re-bopoked on. Not much action there yet, maybe it is too early. Hope it picks up.

We will try the Mercury this time, and okay.....maybe I am just a little addicted!!

I admit it,,,,I am an addict. I work on a computer all day long and when I get home this is the second place I look after my own email!

I lurk on my own sail away roll calls, and read just about every other board out there. It is a thrill! I get my HIGH here eveyday. Just enjoy and have fun! This board takes me to places my mind would rather be!

Agreed....addiction it is! The only day that I don't check the boards (and usually post) is when I don't have Internet access and that is exceedingly rare! How overjoyed I was on our vacation last week to find that WiFi had been added to our room. No 300+ emails to deal with when we got home last night AND the ability to check the boards. Didn't post much but did read! No treatment that I know of but I don't care!

I feel somewhat guilty, lurking on these boards almost on a daily basis. However, there is some wonderful writing ... DH hears frequent giggles. And the amount of information that is generously shared is so incredibly helpful. Just wish we had more time available to be on board more frequently. Until that happens, thanks to all of you.

-Cat

PS: Will be particularly vigilant in looking for more info on that 12-step program ... lol!:D

I love these boards, and check them at least two, three or more times a day, so I guess I have to stand up at our next addicts meeting and say "I am Charlie, and I am addicted to Cruise Critic". :D

Seriously, as new cruisers several years ago, we obtained a lot of good and helpful information here. We have attempted to return those favors by answering questions posed once we had several cruises under our belt.

In a week we board Infinity, and we have participated in our sixth successful Celebrity roll-call. [Have over 80 registered!] The roll calls are really great, and we have made a number of new friends, still communicate with some of them, even last month went to the 50th. birthday party for the couple who sat at our table on our cruise on Galaxy last October.

As to deposits - Uggg! We have two fully paid cruises right now to look forward to. SilverSeas has a longer required period than Celebrity to make final payment, and the last date to make final payment for our Dec. cruise on Silver Shadow fell on Sept. 3, 2006 - the day we embark on Infinity. So went ahead and paid it.

I agree. These boards are very helpful. I'm new to cruising, and will be taking my first cruise in January. Everytime a question pops into my head, I sign onto Cruise Critic. I check these boards 3 or 4 times a day, and as much as I can on weekends.

Ok, I have a Cruise Critic addiction. There, I said it!!! :D

Have a nice day.

Glen

Poolwife - we are going to Alaska on Infinity next July - and although I confess to being addicted to these boards - I have learned so much - our cruise will be soooooo much the better for it. Take it from me - if you miss reading the boards for a few days there's way too much to catch up on. Minimum required check-ins to stay current: at least twice a day.

(my back is slowly improving and I found my old glasses to help me read my screen from afar as I recline in front of my computer so I can keep reading CC !!! I'm way behind - still haven't got up to date on the Alaska board yet !!! )

I feel somewhat guilty, lurking on these boards almost on a daily basis. However, there is some wonderful writing ... DH hears frequent giggles. And the amount of information that is generously shared is so incredibly helpful. Just wish we had more time available to be on board more frequently. Until that happens, thanks to all of you.

-Cat

PS: Will be particularly vigilant in looking for more info on that 12-step program ... lol!:D

I love your board name...wouldn't be Japanese would you?:rolleyes:

My DH is also entertained by my discussions about this board. He asks me how my "cruise friends" are today like I don't have any others!LOL!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited about our first cruise in 28 days...it is making me giddy(can't believe I just used that word!):D .

I think that the boards are like neighbors that you don't actually get to see. Some seem like good friends and some are the type of neighbor you have to find youself wondering about. What kind am I? Probably the latter of the two:p

Talk to ya later Neighbors!

Woo

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I check into these boards 2 or 3 times a day. I've just recently started posting but I've been lurking since our transatlantic last Sept. on the Constellation. I've found so much useful information that it's just unbelievable! We have 3 cruises lined up in the next 12 months and I've been able to plan what we can do in almost every single port city that we're going to. This website should win an award (and I'm serious about that). I've turned other people onto this board and they're amazed at how much information is available.

Poolwife - I see that you're sailing on the Connie on 10/5 - we'll be sailing the same itinerary just before you on 9/24. I'll make sure everything's in working order for you especially the Martini Bar!!!

TO: PMFM

Being you already sailed on the Constellation, can you give me any tips for our sailing. Appreciate you leaving everything good for us. ha,ha

We are sure looking forward to it. I have read such good reviews about the Constellation.

To Sooooo excited

So glad you picked Alaska. It is my favorite place to go and favorite place to cruise. I just looked up July cruises on the Infinity for next year and I see that it is a round trip from Vancouver. I love the scenery and beauty of Alaska. If you are thinking of a whale watching tour. Do it out of Icy Strait Point instead of Juneau so many other great things to see in Juneau. I did the infamous Captain Larry last June and it was just o.k. You know wildlife are wild and our particular trip was not abundant with whales. Some people see alot. But, there isn't must to see in Icy Strait Point and everything I have read on the boards about whale watching - everyone raves about how great the experience was and the abundance of whales that are in the Icy Strait area.

My daughters did dog sledding and flightseeing out of Juneau and said it was worth the exorbitant price. Another older man coming off of our elevator on our cruise on the Summit last June was saying that all he did was complain about how much money he was going to spend on the "4 glacier flight seeing trip" and he loved it and would do it again. You can also take a very inexpensive city bus out to Mendenhall glacier to see it, the visitor center and a waterfall that is near by.

You will have a great time.

:D My name is alvin, and I am CC and cruise addict. Do not get to cruise as often as I like, but I lurke on this site all the time while at work...Just begining to post. Love all the comments and even some of the gripes - They are funny-!

I enjoy topic oriented threads about cruising, but have found that the problematic trends that are typical for general message boards have a tendency to surface on cruise critic's off topic threads.

I also enjoy the topic oriented threads, they are greatly informative and fun to read. But, we are having a bit of fun with this one and what is the harm. I sense NO negativity from anyone on this thread and that is refreshing to say the least.

Thanks to OP for starting this one.

Woo

I also enjoy the topic oriented threads, they are greatly informative and fun to read. But, we are having a bit of fun with this one and what is the harm. I sense NO negativity from anyone on this thread and that is refreshing to say the least.

Thanks to OP for starting this one.

Woo

I don't have a problem with this thread either. My comment about problematic trends on off topic threads was based on a situation I have been observing, for the past few years, on an off topic thread in cruise critic's floataway lounge.

Archived