Princess Books

cruzin2paradise

I have a question. I know that on Carnival (yes, I know, I'm in Princess' threads) they have like a coffe-table type book which you can ask for in your room and they allow you to keep . . . does Princess offer this? Does anyone know?

Just curious. Thank you for your answers.

Princess has a large (and very heavy) book that will be in your room but I don't remember seeing it for the past several cruises. In any case, you'll find a binder with all of the info you need for the cruise as well as a folder of port information and shore tour descriptions.

As Pam stated, there is usually only a notebook type binder with all the "hotel" type info such as room service, using the phone, etc. They do have a colorful paper folder with all the port information. I don't think they mind if you keep that. As far as a coffee table type book, they have been selling the Princess cookbook "Courses, A Culinary Journey" for the past few years. It really is quite nice, though heavy in the luggage! :eek:

they have been selling the Princess cookbook "Courses, A Culinary Journey" for the past few years. It really is quite nice, though heavy in the luggage! :eek:

Now Available On Amazon.com, Princess Cruises' Cookbook Shares Priceless Culinary Knowledge

from

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na760

Courses: A Culinary Journey Features 200 Princess Cruises' Recipes

from

http://cruises.about.com/od/cruisecuisine/a/prin_cookbook.htm

I read on some post (can't remember which) that if you ask the room attendant if you can take the book, they will let you. Don't know if it is still possible, but I will certainly find out when I am on. ;)

Thank you for all of your responses. Much appreciated.

Cptnkirky: let us know what you find out.

Is there a sign saying "Do not take this book"? I didn't see it.

There could be one of those invisible signs . . . they are similar to the invisible signs on the highways that say "just stop, no reason, just stop." You know, the ones that cause traffic back-ups and there's nothing going on.

On CB there was a book.. And I am sure there was a sign "Do not take" or something. I am not even sure I wanted it as it was weakest of all cruise ship books.

The best books were on Celebrity Century and Carnival Liberty... They were more informative , had stories about how both ships were built, about interior rooms, restaurants etc.

Princess book had more or less interesting info about islands, but mostly ads.

Archived