Will we be too cramped in Cat 8E on Miracle?

We are booked on the Miracle next February - there will be 2 adults and 2 kids ages 11 and 7. We booked a Category 8E (Extended Balcony) but now I am starting to worry about being too cramped. We have a huge balcony (I hear it is about 100 sq feet) but I wonder how much room we'll actually have to navigate in the cabin. We won't be spending a lot of time there, but it is those moments when everyone is trying to get ready for dinner that can get really stressful when lacking personal space.

Should I give up the huge balcony and pay extra for a larger stateroom? I can get a 9A for $500 more, or go up to a Cat 11 for a bit more.

How comfortable is a Category 8E for a family of 4? Also, please let me know your tips for making the best use of the space you have. We have done the shoe holder for our toiletries before - love that! Can you put suitcases under the beds?

, but it is those moments when everyone is trying to get ready for dinner that can get really stressful when lacking personal space.

we have done a cabin with 5 of us..and it is doable with a plan. We only have one bathroom at home and we manage to get ready and be somewhere on time..

Even with a suite you still will only have one bathroom

Planning ahead of time is very important-- you all cant get ready at the same time..so schedule showers accordingly-- have the kids shower earlier..

the sofa has two drawers under for storage-- store your luggage under the bed... dirty clothes get put in the luggage. Hang up as much as possible.

We have done it with no problem on 2 cruises with two teenagers. On one cruise we had a bunk and a sofa/bed and twin beds together for a kind. On our last cruise we had 2 bunks and the twins put together. Our girls were 14 and 16 and did not have a problem with the bunks. Luggage stores under the beds. I would suggest bringing some extra hangers.

Another option to consider is if the male members of the family could go to the spa/sauna. I understand they have a wonderful shower area there.

My experience in an 8E is the sofa and table and the stool at the vanity are very tight. But, that is where the hairdryer and only outlet is located. So, you are constently having someone squeeze past you while you try to do your hair and makeup. But, if the men go upstairs to shower and dress, all could be quite happy. Just a thought.

...(I hear it is about 100 sq feet) ...

We booked an extended balcony too. Does anyone know what the square feet of a regular balcony is? I have never had one before and I am trying to visualize how much bigger and extend would be. thanks

We booked an extended balcony too. Does anyone know what the square feet of a regular balcony is? I have never had one before and I am trying to visualize how much bigger and extend would be. thanks

where is your balcony located??

this is an extended balcony

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1293682914062547426RhfvOj

but so is this-

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

We are in cabin 8153 so which one would it be? My computer here (can't say where:) ) blocks me from webshots, and my one at home just went to computer heaven. Is there anyway to post these pics online?

Merci!

We are booked on the Miracle next February - there will be 2 adults and 2 kids ages 11 and 7. We booked a Category 8E (Extended Balcony) but now I am starting to worry about being too cramped. We have a huge balcony (I hear it is about 100 sq feet) but I wonder how much room we'll actually have to navigate in the cabin. We won't be spending a lot of time there, but it is those moments when everyone is trying to get ready for dinner that can get really stressful when lacking personal space.

Should I give up the huge balcony and pay extra for a larger stateroom? I can get a 9A for $500 more, or go up to a Cat 11 for a bit more.

How comfortable is a Category 8E for a family of 4? Also, please let me know your tips for making the best use of the space you have. We have done the shoe holder for our toiletries before - love that! Can you put suitcases under the beds?

Well.... this site is for opinions - and ours would be that your 8E would be too cramped for US. I realize that MANY MANY people routinely book 4 to a cabin. A cat 12 suite would give more room, but our option would be for a SECOND cabin, that also gives adults quality alone time to enjoy their vacation...

Tom

Archived