Johnny Rockets

Which ship are you going on?

I believe only the Mariner and Explorer are the only two ships charging for food at Johnny Rockets. We were on the Adventure in May and the food was free, the only items you have to pay for are milk shakes and sodas.

[color=purple]My TA said RCI is just testing the $3.50 surcharge on select ships for now, ie AOS and MOS. Could be others in the near future.:( My neighbor just got back from NOS 2 wks ago and was only charged for milkshakes.[/color]

There is a test on two Voyager class ships, charging 3.95 per person. It's not a charge per menue item. So while there you can eat pretty much as much as you like. RCCL says it's to control lines and eleminate teens sitting for hours. Personally I like JR's burgers and rings. Beverages are still extra charge. You can pick up a togo order of burger of your choice, ff's and rings and apple pie for the same price.

I am on voyager on July 16. When I got the info about them charging for Johnny Rockets, I e-mailed Crown and Anchor Society and they said they are trying a charge on selected voyages, but not mine. I told them I'd rather they raised the price of the cruise $10.00 per person and apply that to the costs, or not charge. I figure that lots of passengers probably don't use it and their $10 could help balance out those who use it frequently. They could also not put fries and rings on the table unless you ask. Now that I think about it, maybe they could also allot 2 or 3 or 4 free meals to each person and embed the info on your card or in the computer. As you use the card, it could deduct a credit until you use up your allottment and then you might have to pay for the additional meals. I did suggest that if they must charge, a free meal should be included in the coupon book. Onboard charges are so annoying. If enough people write in with concerns and possible solutions, this could quickly become a thing of the past. There are lots of us...let's talk about it to them and not just to each other.

Smooth Sailing to All

[quote name='KarateLois']I am on voyager on July 16. When I got the info about them charging for Johnny Rockets, I e-mailed Crown and Anchor Society and they said they are trying a charge on selected voyages, but not mine. I told them I'd rather they raised the price of the cruise $10.00 per person and apply that to the costs, or not charge. I figure that lots of passengers probably don't use it and their $10 could help balance out those who use it frequently. They could also not put fries and rings on the table unless you ask. Now that I think about it, maybe they could also allot 2 or 3 or 4 free meals to each person and embed the info on your card or in the computer. As you use the card, it could deduct a credit until you use up your allottment and then you might have to pay for the additional meals. I did suggest that if they must charge, a free meal should be included in the coupon book. Onboard charges are so annoying. If enough people write in with concerns and possible solutions, this could quickly become a thing of the past. There are lots of us...let's talk about it to them and not just to each other.

Smooth Sailing to All[/QUOTE]

Explain to me why I should pay for you to eat at Johnny Rockets? I will be glad to pay the $10 bucks for your Johnny Rockets, if you will pay $25 for my Portofinos and I will eat there everyday just like you at JRs. Some of you people just don't get it! How about if you pay an extra $25 and I will get free wine all week? Or how about everyone pay an extra $50 and we will all get free photos every week? Maybe you would like to pay an extra $100 and we can all get free massages all week long?

Nickle and dime treatment is fair compensation for cheap cruise prices. :p

jc

Before our cruise on the Mariner, I was one of those who posted here quite a bit against the Johnny Rockets charge. I called RCI and registered my annoyance. However ----
When we went on our cruise, we received our coupon for our free meal and used it. Then we completely forgot JRs was even there. We had a burger in Windjammer once and DH and I remarked it was almost as good as JRs. Before we went on the cruise, I thought when it comes time to do the last-day survey I'm really going to blast them for this nickle and diming. Guess what? I forgot to even mention JRs, it was such a very small part of the cruise experience. Don't worry about it. If you're against the charge, don't go there. The burger in Windjammers are good too. (I still would like some sort of poolside grille on Voyager-type ships, but that's another matter.)

We had a couple at our table who were very upset about the charge. They ate there several times and then complained and said they had the charge removed. (Details are in my Mariner review - June 13 to 20).

If this was a smaller ship, with less to do/eat, it would be worth getting upset about. On these ships, I don't believe it is. JMHO.

[quote name='xpcdoojk']

Nickle and dime treatment is fair compensation for cheap cruise prices. :p

jc[/QUOTE]Right on, jc! Keep those prices low. I could care less about eating in Johnny Rockets.

Unfortunately, if we enable everyone to get everything free then the cost will have to be a whole lot more than a few hundred. Try pricing Radisson or Silverseas to get an idea about that. I was being tongue in cheek, sarcastic. In other words there are cruiselines that offer a truly all-inclusive experience, but RCI, Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Disney, and Oceania do not. Think how many massage therapists they would need and the size of the spa. My wife would love massages for free, but I would be paying for something I would never ever utilize, unless it was because well it is free, by dang, I better get me one of them there massages.
:p
jc

Lauderlegal:

Wife and I are also on 9/5 EOS. Hope you have registered for "Meet and Mingle". At last check, there were 23 folks registered; they need a minimum of 25 to host a "Meet and Mingle" party onboard.

Archived