organizing roll call gathering onboard

Semi Retired

I know RC has a meet&mingle for roll call initial gathering with drinks, hordourves & prizes. It was a huge success for a past cruise I went on. I would like to do the same with the roll call I started for a Holland America Alaska Cruise in September. Does anyone know who to get ahold of or if they even have done something like this for Holland America groups?

You could probably speak to the restaurant manager or the Concierge once onboard but you might try to contact HAL H.O. prior to your departure to see if it can be arranged.

Maybe post on the HAL forums to see if anyone has done it before.

We did one for a HAL cruise and the person that organized it started with the HAL office who then passed them on to the Cruise Director on the ship. They provided some refreshments, tea, lemonade, coffee, and if I remember right some cookies, crackers and cheese. It was held in the crow's nest bar and the bar tender was there to serve drinks if you wanted but you had to pay for them.

I think we met at 11 AM.

Have a great next cruise.

if it doesnt work out, on your roll call, plan to all meet at a certain time. Our last roll call we did this and also we all wore ( well the woman did) a set of madi-gras beads, on the first day. It was great-walking thru a room and seeing another set of beads. It was such fun. From that first meeting we planned others. Good luck with your get together

On Celebrity, they organize a group party. Its very nice, its usually in the a.m. and they offer coffee etc. The ones we organize ourselves are usually at one of the bars-people loosen up etc....

Nadine

Archived