waterproof eyeliner....

Amanda ~ just err on the side of caution when using waterproof products. I say this because I do not like waterproof products. I tend to "tug" on my skin more than I should. While I know that certain products will remove the waterproof mascara, I simply find that I tug just a bit more. We want to try to not do that to our skin!!!

Enjoy your cruise!

Janet:o

MAC (available at Nordstrom) makes a good waterproof pencil; it goes on smoothly (no tugging), blends well (at least if you smudge it quickly), and comes off easily with baby oil or make-up remover (again, no tugging).

^ They sell MAC all over Toronto! At the Bay there is a MAC counter and there are some MAC stores at select malls (i.e. Yorkdale and I believe I saw a MAC store at Scarborough Town Centre).

BTW, there is no Nordstrom in Buffalo :( They have JC Penney, Lord and Taylor, Kaufman's and Bon Ton.

I'm in the pool every day at work with kids (special needs) that tend to splash....a lot. BTW, we have a lot of fun in there. This summer I've been wearing Lancome waterproof eyeliner and mascara, it stays on very well. It is harder to remove, so I only use waterproof in the summer. I either use Lancome Bi-facil or I have used Sephora house brand of eye makeup remover recommended for waterproof. If you saturate a cotton ball with the remover and let it sit for a couple minutes, I find you don't have to tug or rub to get it off.

When I'm on vacation, or a day off, at the beach or pool, I don't bother with eye makeup.

Hi Kathy - I'm going to try the Sephora brand to lessen the "tugging." Just to clarify my above post. Believe me, I don't tug at my eyes - YIKES!!! But I know we have a small dendency to be in a hurry, blah, blah, blah. Have a great day, girls!

Amanda/Dowgirl:

I did some research online first- and I found a woman who had a nursing degree, and has been doing perm. makeup for a long time. I live in NJ, and she was in TN,but her salon is 5 minutes from my mom's house! So, I booked an appt. back in January, and had it done when I visited my mom last month.

Pain was minimal- she has to pierce the skin with the needle, but then she puts some kind of creme on it that deadens the skin. Both eyebrows and eyeliner took about 3 hours all together. She was fabulous- very professional, and answered all my questions/emails before the "procedures."

As far as cost, the brows were $250.00- and eyeliner was $200.00

(to have it done in NJ- the cost was more than double!!) I love it- esp. the eyeliner. It's great to wake up, take a shower, swim, etc., and still have it look perfect!!

Betsy

Archived