Are you supplied with a Beach Towel?

RC supplies towels on the pool deck. You have to give your cabin # and the amount of towels you get. Then when you return the towels they supposidly take your name off the list. I have seen people take the towels off the ship for shore excursions. They are not large beach towels! They really don'y watch how many towels you take, I have taken 4 towels and thought I took 3 and told them 3 when I got them, so there are ways around getting extra towels. I was on a Princess Cruise in July and saw someone after the cruise with a shopping bag full of their towels, carrying them to their car. It takes all kinds to make the world go round!

We have ALWAYS have pool/beach towels in our room on RCCL ships, along with a laminated explanation about bringing them back or getting a charge to your account.

I know that is the common practice on RCCL; I'm surprised AOS didn't do this recently, as I've been on two Mariner cruises in the past 8 months and both had this practice, as well as Freedom and Enchantment...all within the past year or two.

You CAN check out pool towels on deck, that is true, but it's much easier just to bring the pool/beach towels you have in your room and return them to your cabin. :)

Archived