Looking for a reliable and economical compnay to go to YS Falls & Tubing from Mo Bay

ajcolorado

We'll be in Montego Bay in March '07. My husband and oldest two kids have already decided to do the Overhead Canopy Tour excurison. My youngest child is below the age cut-off so we think we want to do a YS Falls & Tubing trip.

Can you recommend a safe & economical method of getting there? Is our best bet to go through a tour company? If so, who do you recommend? I've seen A-Z planners and Barrett Adventures on this forum? Are they the best? ARe there others?

And, approximately how long does the whole excursion take?

Thank you.

ajcolorado,

we can recommend barrettadventures, as they are the only tour guides we have used when we have gone to Jamaica. You can contact Caroline through her website at http://www.barrettadventures.com and she can really arrange your day for you to include just about whatever you want to do. (within time limitations of course lol) We have come to know Caroline and think of her not only as a guide, but a friend. I would gladly open my home to her if she was to ever visit. She has a encyclopedic knowledge of Jamaica and honestly gives you a big bang for your buck!!! In several years I have only seen one bad review of her services on CC. you can see some of my pics of YS at http://www.oldmedic.smugmug.com the trips can take several hours to all day, depending on what you want to do. We always enjoy ys and the rockland bird sanctuary. There are other guides available and many have fine reviews, I guess it just depends on your initial gut feeling. I chose Caroline originally because I read that someone on CC had left his camera in her van, she finished taking pictures on it and sent it to him at home. That is the type of person I want to deal with, and that is the type of person Caroly is. if I can answer any more questions, please feel free to ask. oldmedic

• 2 weeks later...

We ahve used A-Zjamaicaplanners many times at both ports in Jamaica. We will go with Belinda's team again in November, just haven't decided yet where to go! Nice clean vans, air conditioned, polite and articulate driver guides, reasonable for all that is included and you can adjust your day as you wish if time allows. They rely on your good word for continued business.

Bon Voyage

Our family, three kids under 10, are also considering the same tour. I am leaning toward Barrett Adventures. Carolyn has been very helpful and informative (via email). Their tours are a little more than A - Z $105 more for the five of us, but includes lunch. Seems more personalized than A - Z. Anyone with feedback on that?

Both private tour providors have a great reputation. $105 more for lunch seems expensive, plus you will want to tip your driver/guides etc. but that may be worth it for you. A-Z guides are fabulous for altering a tour if time and direction will allow. As far as personalization, we spent the day with Ren & his lovely wife (it was her birthday). What a great way to get to know Jamaica and two wonderful people. No matter which company you choose, have a wonderfull day in this beautiful island country.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

Archived