shawl color for this purse?

TracersQQ

I saw this beaded purse and really like it. It would go with my solid black gown, but what color shawl? I already have silver sandals, that I bought specifically for this dress, so, would it be OK to wear a red shawl or would silver work? (I had planned on buying a silver Pashmina)

a69636.001?$moreviewmain$

I LOVE your purse. :D Did you get it on line?

Is your black dress long or short, will your shoes show? With that purse you could do most any color shawl. Just for fun I might do a red one, then my next choice would be black (I have a really nice one with a couple rows of beads on the edges), then I would do a silver.

I always need a shawl with a strapless or sleeveless dress, those dining rooms and lounges can get chilly. I have found the ships to have great prices on shawls, maybe that's why the rooms are so cold- to sell the shawls!!;)

Gordonchick is right, it is hard to say without seeing the dress. My vote would be for a black, sheer wrap. You already have one accessory that is standing out against the black of your dress. A red or silver wrap could be a bit overboard.

Thanks for all the replies! My dress is kind of a chiffon - but not a sheer chiffon, it's a little thicker chiffon. The dress has sleeves - the fly away or butterfly (I'm not sure what they're called), but I wanted a shawl in case I got chilly. I'm not really using the shawl as an accessory, it's just for warmth (if needed). Anyway, would you believe I found the purse at QVC? I wasn't even looking for an evening bag, this was just listed with other purses and I thought it was really pretty. Here's the link.http://http://qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?class=0008&cont=mhac&cm_re=PAGE-_-MASTHEAD-_-ACCESSORIESSHOES By the way, my dress is long, although, it is ankle length in front and floor length in back - so, yes, my shoes will show. Do you think I should wear black (or another color) shoes, so that I could wear a red shawl? But then again, I'm not even going to use the shawl unless I have to, so maybe I'll just get a black shawl. It's crazy, isn't it - I had my whole 7 day wardrobe picked out now I have to rethink 1 whole outfit just because I saw 1 purse that I liked.:rolleyes:

Ok, since you gals are talking about shaws, I need help. I have a sleeveless dress, that I would like to wear a shaw with, as an accessory and for warmth. So what do you do with it during dinner? Is there some way that I could gracefully wear it? I'm thinking about just pitching that outfit totally.....

Ok, since you gals are talking about shaws, I need help. I have a sleeveless dress, that I would like to wear a shaw with, as an accessory and for warmth. So what do you do with it during dinner? Is there some way that I could gracefully wear it? I'm thinking about just pitching that outfit totally.....

If you are a "Everybody Loves Raymond" fan, look at the way Debra wore her wrap with her bidesmaid dress on the show where Ray's brother gets married. That is what I do with mine. If yo're not, I am going to try to expalin it..............

Put the shawl around your shoulders then bring the ends in front and then wrap the ends under your arms and tie it in the back. Hope this explains it well enough???:rolleyes:

I normally find the dining rooms can get chilly and it seems I always seem to have a strapless, thin strap, or halter style dress on. I usaully need the wrap.

TracerQQ- since your dress has sleeves, you might want to go with a contrast color for your wrap. But I think a sheer black wrap would be fine too. Or, take a couple wraps and just wear what you are in the mood for that night!! I have been known to buy clothes to match great accessories, so don't feel bad about re-thinking the outfit because of the purse!! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived