Rotterdam questions

fb0075

I havnt been on the Rotterdam in a couple years , and was wondering if the changes on some other ships are here ,also-

1.Is there VCR in cat A--and is there a charge for rental--

On the Noordam last month--we were in a SY cat and had free dvd but everyone else was charged $3 a day--

2.Flaming desserts?? ANYWHERE!!!??!!

3.How has been the recent entertainment on board?

THANKS FRANK

I havnt been on the Rotterdam in a couple years , and was wondering if the changes on some other ships are here ,also-

1.Is there VCR in cat A--and is there a charge for rental--

On the Noordam last month--we were in a SY cat and had free dvd but everyone else was charged $3 a day--

2.Flaming desserts?? ANYWHERE!!!??!!

3.How has been the recent entertainment on board?

THANKS FRANK

I can't really speak for the ms Rotterdam since it has been a few years since I sailed on her, but I have spent quite a bit of time lately on her sister ship, the ms Amsterdam.

1. The Rotterdam, like all the "older" ships has indeed been updated and the cabins have flat screen T.V.'s with the CD/DVD combination player. As far as I know none of the ships have the VCR set up any more.

The reason that your DVD rentals were free of charge is because you were in a suite category. For all other categories there is a $3.00 rental charge (just do what I do and bring your own:D ).

2. It has been a couple of years since I have seen flaming desserts on any of the ships, but I think it depends on the whims of the Food and Beverage Manager on each ship.

3. The entertainment is iffy: on some ships it is terrific and on others it is okay, at best.

Valerie:)

Its been a couple of years since I have sailed the Rotterdam, but when I did and also again this past February on the Volendam, we did have flaming deserts. I saw them made in one section of the dining room where we sat, not sure if there were other sections that did this. You could order them off the desert menu and they were brought to your table. Unfortunately, I guess they don't do them tableside any longer. I remember way back when when they did do flaming deserts tableside, I thought it was very special.

Archived