A Little Romance .. anyone ??

KLLund

Ok .. I am sitting here in happy tears.

Background ... I was married for 21 very happy years and 10 horrible months of dealing with cancer. A year later, out of the blue I got an e-mail through classmates . com from my 7th grade beau. A year later we were married .. with simple gold bands and a lovely ceremony.

He just came downstairs and took my ring measurement and I said .. ummm huhhhh .. Told me we were going on the Sapphire Princess and he was getting me the sapphire and diamond band that I should be wearing .. and he would give it to me when we renewed our vows on the ship.

So ladies .. a real dilemna here ... what on earth do I wear to have a afternoon in the Sea of Japan vow renewal ???????

Yep yep yep .. he is a keeper

What do you wear? Something you can slip out of easily! ;)

Seriously, go out and get yourself a beautiful (but comfortable) dress that you would feel proud to be seen in with your DH. You might want to dine in one of the alternative restaurants that evening, so you will likely want to dress up in a more formal manner. Congrats - yes, he's a keeper - I've got one like him and believe me, they're not all that common!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Kathy - yep - you got a keeper and as said above, they are truly rare. My DH was born/raised in NC and he is the best "southern gentleman" you will ever meet. Buy something absolutely stunning and comfortable........but since you bought your Spanx today, the night of your vow renewal, ring ceremony, etc.........is NOT the night to wear 'em! Take photos and make sure you post your renewal photos when you return. And, hang on to that young man!

Wear something that makes you feel as beautiful, loved and sexy as your DH knows you are. Don't hesitate to wear something white or ivory. If anyone asks, tell them why and there's no doubt in my mind that it would be appropriate. Or (as Mom is suggesting) wear something that matches your new ring!

Oh and keep him!

Ok .. I am sitting here in happy tears.

Background ... I was married for 21 very happy years and 10 horrible months of dealing with cancer. A year later, out of the blue I got an e-mail through classmates . com from my 7th grade beau. A year later we were married .. with simple gold bands and a lovely ceremony.

He just came downstairs and took my ring measurement and I said .. ummm huhhhh .. Told me we were going on the Sapphire Princess and he was getting me the sapphire and diamond band that I should be wearing .. and he would give it to me when we renewed our vows on the ship.

So ladies .. a real dilemna here ... what on earth do I wear to have a afternoon in the Sea of Japan vow renewal ???????

Yep yep yep .. he is a keeper

I want to tell you how happy I am for you. That is a beautiful story.

What to wear, I'd ask that wonderful DH of yours what he would like you to wear and wear that. If he leaves it up to you, well you know his tastes, I'd wear what pleases him.

Again, congratulations, and thank you for sharing such a beautiful story.

(I'm such a mushy person I love stories like that).:)

WOW, what a great story, it brought tears to my eyes. Since he is going with a "sapphire" theme, I think it would be really special to wear a gorgeous sapphire dress. However, I know not everyone can wear that color, so buy something absolutely beautiful in whatever color and style makes you feel fabulous. Enjoy your cruise!

I like the sapphire idea a lot .. and then I found this while I was wandering through Chicos.. It is way sparklier than my picture .. but I am thinking with my black palazzo pants and a shimmery black shell it will be wonderful ??

What do you think ?

jacket 001.jpg

Kathy, it's absolutely gorgeous and I think it will go beautifully with your new ring! Instead of a black shell, I think I'd go a little more daring, like a black lace cami or something under the jacket - or a cami that has a lacy insert at the bustline. The jacket is soooo pretty - I envy that you have a Chico's store nearby - up here in the 'frozen tundra', I have to order either on line or through the catalogue. Enjoy your cruise, you're going to look beautiful.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

That jacket is exactly what I am looking for! I went immediatley to the Chico's web site and they don't have it!:mad:

Oh well. Congratulations! I lost my husband 3 years ago after 37 years of marriage. I can't imagine finding anyone at this point in my life. You are a very lucky lady.:)

I like the sapphire idea a lot .. and then I found this while I was wandering through Chicos.. It is way sparklier than my picture .. but I am thinking with my black palazzo pants and a shimmery black shell it will be wonderful ??

What do you think ?

jacket 001.jpg

My first thought when I saw sapphire ring was to wear something to match! The jacket is gorgeous!

One other idea is to wear white (vow renewal is just as special as wedding day ~ if not more) and really show off you and white will be a nice backdrop for your new ring.

In the end what you wear doesn't really matter. You already have it all.

You are a lucky lady!!:)

Payd

That jacket is exactly what I am looking for! I went immediatley to the Chico's web site and they don't have it!:mad:

April.

It was brand new in the store and Betty ( my favorite sales gal there ) said she thought it would be in the October catalog .. but it is Called Pavillion Rossy Jacket Turquesa and if you call the 800 number they will find you one in a store usually. I hate it when I see just the right thing and cannot find a way to get it. Good Luck

Archived