Obc Cancelled Cruise

BIG DAVE

Now for the real question. We were booked on the Connie, Baltic cruise 8/26/06. We had to cancell due to medical reasons. We paid in full. Insurance (X Insurance) will cover everything less insurance$.

We had $450.00 OBC. Since X will be paid in full by insurance co, should we push X to carry over OBC to our 1/14/07 South America Cruise?

Opinions Please:confused:

THANKS

We were on the 5/20 sailing of Summit which was cancelled 9 days before departure. Had we rebooked immediately, using the same booking number, the obc was fine, but since we were not prepared for that crushing news, we took the future cruise certificate, but only with the stip that we would not forfeit the obc. The customer service rep (not the redeployment desk) put a note on the record and sent it to the doc people. Within a week we had a letter from Celebrity acknowledging our obc and indicating that we could apply it to any future booking. We eventually rebooked on the Millie on 4/21/07 and will use the obc then.

We were on the 5/20 sailing of Summit which was cancelled 9 days before departure. Had we rebooked immediately, using the same booking number, the obc was fine, but since we were not prepared for that crushing news, we took the future cruise certificate, but only with the stip that we would not forfeit the obc. The customer service rep (not the redeployment desk) put a note on the record and sent it to the doc people. Within a week we had a letter from Celebrity acknowledging our obc and indicating that we could apply it to any future booking. We eventually rebooked on the Millie on 4/21/07 and will use the obc then.
I fI understand what you are saying: they cancelled not you. The OP did the cancelling in this case. Of course if I were him I would ask, but not be surprised if Celebrity says NO. It is certainly worth a try anyway even if it is different from your situaltion. NMNita

No, I have not talked to X. I wanted to get the opinion of other cc members first

Why, what we think is immaterial; the only one that counts is Celebrity and they either will or won't?

Good luck with it.....

Archived