airline checkin onboard

I can't answer your question about flying Delta out of FLL, but I did do the airline check-in onboard from San Juan on the AOS for American Airlines.

I'm sailing on the Freedom with American Airlines out of Miami, and I'm also wondering if they have the same check-in.

i've read about a new service for online checkin for debark. Has anyone used it in FLL for a DELTA flight?

I used it last year when I was on the Empress. It was very nice. They print out your boarding passes for the flight and deliver them to you room the night before. When you get off the ship you collect your bags and then they load them on a truck for you and you are on your way. Much nicer then lugging your bags to a taxi or bus then taking them into the airport.

I will be doing it again this year when I go on the Radiance :)

This is not for the Fll ? you asked. I tried to do the oboard airline checkin on the AOS out of San Juan, it was only available for American and United Airlines. I was flying US Air and it wasn't available! Have a Great Cruise.

I used it last year when I was on the Empress. It was very nice. They print out your boarding passes for the flight and deliver them to you room the night before. When you get off the ship you collect your bags and then they load them on a truck for you and you are on your way. Much nicer then lugging your bags to a taxi or bus then taking them into the airport.

I will be doing it again this year when I go on the Radiance :)

I'm flying American out of Miami in November. I booked my own airline reservations. I too wanted to do the online check in, but you have to do that 24 hours prior to your plane's departure (which is while we are at sea). I was going to get some internet minutes and register my party (9 in all).

But, it sounds like there is another alternative. Does American come and pick up your luggage at the terminal and where do I register for this service? Also, how much does it cost?

Thanks

I went to the American Airlines web site and found information on their program. It just states that RC is a participating cruise line and the bags are handled for you from the terminal and you are given your boarding passes on the ship.

Sounds like a win-win situation, but there was no link to register for the service on American or RC web site.

Is this something that is handled through the purser once you are on board? Also American said there is up to a $10 pp fee, is that correct or is it more/less?

I've read about this before. From what I can understand, AA will have a counter set up in the terminal where you can go check in for the flight and they will take your bags right then. They also print out your boarding passes. It is $10.00 per person to do this. I also believe there is a way to do it on the ship for additional charge from RCCL. I think this available for a couple other airlines, but I'm not sure which ones. Maybe try doing a search in this forum and you find out more.

I don't know if any other airlines offer this service, I know that it is available through American. I don't know if it is available in every port.

How it works is: Sometime during your cruise you sign up while onboard - you do not have to have cruise air to use this service. The last day of the cruise you are checked in for your flights, with your boarding passes and luggage tags printed off and delivered to your stateroom. When you put your bags out in the hallway, you put your luggage tags on for the flight. When you get off the ship, you collect your bags, drag through customs and then just drop them off at a designated spot. Your bags are taken to the airport for you. And when you get to the airport you just head straight to security since you are already checked in.

It costs $10 per person to use this service. You have to have a flight after a certain time (varies depending on the port).

NOS out of Miami....they send out a letter to your stateroom on the 2nd or third day... fill out your name, cabin #, flight info etc....you must be on AA, fly out of MIA after noon or FLL after 1230.....$10 per person...must turn in info by noon on Thursday.... you will receive debarkation tags(lavender), preprinted airline tags for your baggage( 2 per person), and preprinted boarding passes the night before you leave....pick up your bags at the pier and drop them at the AA drop off spot and you're done...

Well worth it....Good luck...:)

Archived