Star - Specialty Restaurants

1FunCruiser

We did Cagney's, Le Bistro & La Trattoria. Cagney's is $20 for adults and $10 for kids. Make a reservation for this place as soon as you get on-board. The food is very good and well worth the extra cost. Le Bistro is $15/$7.50. It was good, but I would not do it agian. I found the menu to be very small. La Trattoria, as best I can tell did not have cover charge. I thought it did, but we did not get charged one. The food was much better than I thought it would be. I would recomend it.

my group of 7 goes in 2 weeks. we have 4 who have never cruises, 1 with health problems, 2 who eat healthy and 1 who perfers meat/potatoes. to save time and discussion i put together this list. if i have anything incorrect, i hope someone lets me know:

Restaurant Hints:

For ice tea/coffee/water 24/7 check the Blue Lagoon or the Buffet area. Depending on when someone refilled, should be available.

Versailles and the Aqua have the same menu, Aqua is quieter, Versailles has big picture windows. No blue jeans or shorts in any of the dining areas at 5pm...exceptions: buffet or Blue Lagoon

Room service is very limited, no hot items (except coffee or tea) 24/7

Free Dining

Versailles (Main dining room) Deck 6 Aft (Have to get there aft on Deck 7 and go down) Continental cuisine, No reservations or surcharges (unless a large group) Breakfast: 7am to 9am, Lunch 12 noon - 2:30pm, Dinner 5:30 pm - 12am

Aqua ( Main dining room) Deck 6 Mid Deck

Modern Continental, No reservations or surcharges (unless a large group)

Hours - 5:30pm to 12am

Endless Summer - Deck 8 Aft Tex-Mex, no surcharge, Reservations required Dinner only

La Trattoria -Deck 12 Italian, no surcharge, Reservations required, Dinner only

Blue Lagoon - Deck 7, Aft before the shops - 24 hour Food Court style

good place for cookies, pastries, chili, wings, fish & chips/hamburgers/soups/salads/

Market Café - Deck 12, 24 hour buffet

Pool side Grills BBQ/hamburgers, Sail-a-way parties/sail in to Victoria

Sprinkles Ice Cream Bar - Deck 12 Limited flavors / hours

Excursion Desk :Cookies / pastries Deck 7

Java Café - Deck 7 Coffee house, Coffees $$

Free pastries/cookies

Bier Garten - Beer/ top deck great view; Weisswurst, leberkaese and pretzels

Surcharge Restaurants - Reservations required $10 to $25 some have ala carte pricing

Ginza - Deck 7 open for lunch when @ sea

Japanese/Chinese/Thai - Sushi Bar / Teppanyaki -Japanese steakhouse with table-side show

Ala carte or $10 all you can eat Sushi

The Soho Room - Deck 6 - High-end Pacific Rim, California/Asian (Dinner only)

Le Bistro - Deck 6 - Upscale French (Dinner only)

Cagney’s Steakhouse - Deck 13-$20 or $25 with lobster (Dinner only)

Sushi Bar / Teppanyaki -Japanese steakhouse with table-side show

Ala carte or $10 all you can eat Sushi

What all is served at Teppanyaki? My wife dose not like sushi but we would love the show part of the meal.

Kids. You listed kids prices what age range is that? Can they eat free if they eat of a kids menu at the specialty resturants?

my list is only set up for adults, since we don't have any kids in our little group. i have been to restaurants (not on a ship) that did a "Benihana" type show. (that's a restaurant in most major cities in the U.S.) they have a grill in the middle of the table...they grill steak strips/shrimp/?.

usually no sushi. the show is the way they quickly cut the meat, toss the knives, etc. a good show chef is fun to watch.

if you do a search, you will find the answers to your questions about the kids menu. i know i saw it discussed recently.

Archived