DCL Fleet Expansion Wish List

OceanLiner

There has been much talk about if/when DCL will expand its fleet, and I would like to start this thread to see what "wish list" would we, of the CC boards, want to have included on a new DCL ship. If any one of us could build a new ship, what we want included or excluded to really make it ours?

This type of question was posted on the Cunard board regarding a QE2 refit. But in our case, we could build an entirely new ship.

This question is not just being contemplated on this board. On our last DCL cruise my oldest son and I were given permission by the chief engineer to tour the control rooms and engine rooms, and it was amazing. The really interesting thing was that on one of the control counsels was a 3 ring binder with several hundred pages of upgrades and changes that the staff would like to make to the next generation of DCL ships. Some of them were mundane issues like wiring and plumbing, but others were really fascinating. The bridge officers would really like the wing bridges to be enclosed, not exposed to the elements. The engineering department has a big gripe that the ship is heavy in the stern, which means that they are continually working 24/7 to get more weight to the bow to keep her level.

My wish list would include bigger pools with retractable roofs, (like HAL or QM2), and expanded teen/adult activity areas like RCL. One thing I would never change is that wonderful horn.

Let's wish upon a star and see what we get!

I just want a nice giant ship in the 130,000/150,000 ton range to leave from NY year round. Disney will think of better stuff to fill the ship with than I could ever dream of. I will trust disney on everything to do with the inside of the ship.JC

:) Would be great to have a ship out our way. We have Disneyland and lots of ports of call to visit... Hawaii and Alaska for 2 two mention that would be easier to get to from this side of the USA. Only time will tell. "Got Disney".......

I agree...that's the only way I'll ever be able to do DCL again is if they come to Calif!

Archived