alarm clock or wake up calls on Enchantment?

I can't remember how they do this. Is there a way to program the room phone to get a wake up call? Should I take an alarm clock? Usually wake up early, but want to make sure.

Unfortunately, I cannot speak directly for the ship you are sailing, but every Royal Caribbean ship I've been on so far has had an automated wakeup call feature on the telephone. You dialed an extension and a computer walked you through scheduling a wakeup call.

It was quite easy ... finding the phone in a strange room for the first couple of days was not.

I can't speak for RCI either, but I know on Carnival if you order coffee from room service using the card you hang on the door; not only will they call you before delivering it, but they also bring you a hot cup of coffee to boot; now that's a wakeup call... The only downfall to this is ship coffee sucks :p

FWIW, I bought a battery operated clock from Radio Shack that sets itself automatically from WWV, the atomic clock broadcast. It also projects the time on the ceiling, makes for a great nightlight, and best of all, it's about the size of a wallet, so packing is no big deal. Just another suggestion. Enjoy your trip!

I can't speak for RCI either, but I know on Carnival if you order coffee from room service using the card you hang on the door; not only will they call you before delivering it, but they also bring you a hot cup of coffee to boot; now that's a wakeup call... The only downfall to this is ship coffee sucks

RCI room service calls before they deliver too

I was on Enchantment last week. One morning we wanted a wake up call at 7:15 am. Sometime around 2 am the phone rang, and it was our wake up call! My husband was positive that I had done something wrong when programming it! Later in the day we found out that there was a problem with all wake up calls, sometime during the night the system went down and called everyone who had wake up calls scheduled! We don't know what happened, but a lot of people were complaining about it! It was also the night the clocks on the ship were changed to be on Cozumel time. I doubt that would have anything to do with it, since that happens all the time, but I was glad that it wasn't me following directions wrong!

After years of traveling for business, I don't always trust wake up calls to go off at the right time! I think that next time I might pack an alarm!

Thats not always true, sometimes they call sometimes they dont

As a general rule they do. About them not calling, the same could be said of Carnival or the Hyatt Regency or Waldorf Astoria or any other room service for that matter.

Don't take statements so literally just for the sake of argument.

I personally do not trust the wake up calls. I purchased a very small travel alarm clock at Target and I love it. It has a snooze button that also doubles at a clock illuminator. Not loud or annoying, I even use it here at home instead of my regular alarm clock.

You know what, you just jogged my memory. That is what I did on the last cruise. I had room service deliver first thing in the morning and they were almost always on time. And we always had hot chocolate and muffins to finish waking us up.

I must be getting old to have completely forgotten how I got the wake up call.

I can't remember how they do this. Is there a way to program the room phone to get a wake up call? Should I take an alarm clock? Usually wake up early, but want to make sure.

There are no clocks in the room but the phone has a wake-up service. Like others have said, you can go to Target, Radio Shack, eBay, etc. and pick up a cheap alarm clock for $10 or $15

Archived