Has Anyone Ever Rec. A Response From A Complaint Letter?

CALMOM

I went on the Glory 8/4/07 and had one problem after another, too many to list. I have cruised on Carnival many times and always had 5 star service but not this time. I sent a letter to Carnival listing my complaints, as well as, my TA sent a letter too. Has anyone ever had a response from Carnival after sending a letter of complaint. I am not looking for anything free just an acknowledgement that they should of provided better service or an apology I sent the letter 2 weeks ago and have received nothing as of today. Did I just waste my time sending this letter?

Several years ago, I sent a letter to NCL telling them how sad I was to see the Dawn in such a run-down condition. I had sailed her a few years prior and could see the need for some TLC. I used the 'sandwich technique' - starting with a compliment, stating my concerns and ending with a compliment (something I had learned at a seminar on the proper way to complain). Even that didn't invoke an answer from them.

I'm not sure why the lines don't answer...maybe it's because we 'keep sailing'. We need to complain with our 'pocketbooks', not our letters.;)

Yes..didn't look over our bill well as far as the minutes we got charged for being on the internet. They charged us too many minutes. Called Carnival and complained about it....they then sent us a letter saying they were sorry we weren't happy and gave us a 25.00 pp credit toward our next cruise with an expiration date.

I would have rather been credited back for our internet time we didn't use...:mad: but my fault I didn't look at it well ON the cruise...next time.

I have written Carnival several times. Each time I have received a response. In addition, they almost always have offered a discount on a future cruise (within a year) and a bon voyage gift if I call prior to my next cruise.

We used to cruise quite a bit on Carnival, We had a serious complaint(along with most of the passengers) on a Hawaii sailing in 1998. Luggage not on board, a bad list (unexplained) causing a lot of problems on the cruise later, etc. The cruise line did offer all passengers a 25% discount on a future cruise. We continued to sail with Carnival untill 2001. We had a party of 10 people that were disapointed on a cruise, We were going to the Bahamas for 4 days, Carnival took us a aboard and then just circled around Florida because of bad weather. We were all looking forward to a get together with others in Nasau that did not happen. No letters were acknowledged by any of our group. On a RCCL cruise Feb.05 we were upset with being charged an extra day parking at the L.A. port because we were not able to get off the ship untill noon. Even though RCCL has nothing to do with the parking lot, they refunded the days fee to us. We sail once or twice a year and Carnival would have to be a whole lot cheaper for us to sail with them again.

Bear in mind the volume of complaint letters that Carnival receives EVERY day of the week. We are probably talking about 10's of thousands every week. The bulk of those letters concern clouds blocking the sun, scratchy toilet paper, the ship bouncing too much, the food too hot / too cold, the music too loud, etc, etc, etc. The sad part is that the corporate people still have to read every one of them, and separate out the ones from the loonies and nut-cases. It is incredibly optimistic to expect a response from them after only two weeks.

I went on the Glory 8/4/07 and had one problem after another, too many to list. I have cruised on Carnival many times and always had 5 star service but not this time. I sent a letter to Carnival listing my complaints, as well as, my TA sent a letter too. Has anyone ever had a response from Carnival after sending a letter of complaint. I am not looking for anything free just an acknowledgement that they should of provided better service or an apology I sent the letter 2 weeks ago and have received nothing as of today. Did I just waste my time sending this letter?

Our trip on Carnival Triumph (New years) was pretty bad,:( as this being our 3 cruise with them we kinda knew what to expect and this didn't meet our expectations... for alot of reasons....but anyway we wrote them with our problemes we experienced and they did seem to get back to us promptly and sent us a percentage off our next cruise with them --to be used in one year.

So maybe 2 weeks is a bit soon to be looking for a response....but I would expect some kind of acknowledgement.

My parents sailed on Princess (same company as Carnival) about a year ago and had a big issue on there with a broken part of the rudder (or something like that) that was very loud and caused sleeping issues for many around them. They wrote the company upon return and received a $200 credit towards a future booking. I do not think you wasted your time. Someone should know if there was an issue, otherwise how could the fix it or get better for the future. :)

Several years ago, I sent a letter to NCL telling them how sad I was to see the Dawn in such a run-down condition. I had sailed her a few years prior and could see the need for some TLC. I used the 'sandwich technique' - starting with a compliment, stating my concerns and ending with a compliment (something I had learned at a seminar on the proper way to complain). Even that didn't invoke an answer from them.

I'm not sure why the lines don't answer...maybe it's because we 'keep sailing'. We need to complain with our 'pocketbooks', not our letters.;)

In your case it could have been the only one to ever complain about the condition of the Dawn. Minor concerns and conditions can probably be found on any ship more than a year or so old, but most ships are very well maintained and if this was a couple of years ago the ship was only 2 years old at the oldest. It is 4 years old now.NMNita

I have written Carnival several times. Each time I have received a response. In addition, they almost always have offered a discount on a future cruise (within a year) and a bon voyage gift if I call prior to my next cruise.

As much as Carnival isn't the favorite line of many of us, they are probably the best at answering back and offering something. NMNita

I'm sorry - my complaint was about the Dream, not the Dawn. We first sailed on her in 1994 and again in 1999. That was when we noticed the downward slide she had taken. It was after that they stretched her.

Apparently stretching her didn't help a bit. However many who sail the Dream think she is a wonderful little ship. I think it depends on what you are looking for. Of all the NCL ships right now she is one of those that is a love/hate thing. Rarely do you see anyone come back and say; we had a good time, it was a nice ship but not the best. They either hated every minute or they would sail her time and time again. NMnita

While I agree with CARIBBEAN DREAMS, that no cruise line is responsible for weather related problems,but our complaint was two fold, Carnival knew that the port was closed when we boarded. We would have cancelled if we knew we were not going to make our connection with the rest of our group. The other part of our letter wanted to know why we were not refunded the "port charge fee" that was part of our booking fees. If we had gotten any sort of response or explanation from Carnival we would have still sailed with them, but to this date nobody in our group that wrote them ever recieved an answer. :confused:

While I agree with CARIBBEAN DREAMS, that no cruise line is responsible for weather related problems,but our complaint was two fold, Carnival knew that the port was closed when we boarded. We would have cancelled if we knew we were not going to make our connection with the rest of our group. The other part of our letter wanted to know why we were not refunded the "port charge fee" that was part of our booking fees. If we had gotten any sort of response or explanation from Carnival we would have still sailed with them, but to this date nobody in our group that wrote them ever recieved an answer. :confused:

Archived