Diamond International

Milwaukee

has anyone bought a good diamond and Diamond International? with papers? how much cheaper is it to by at Diamond International compared to buying at a diamond store in the states? for a .25 carrot ring just an idea of what would be a good price at Diamond International

• 2 weeks later...

I heard from a local tour guide that DI is owned by the cruise industry and they keep all of the revenue. You are not contributing to the local commerce of the port you are visiting. This may not be important to you, but I think you could find better deals from the local jewelers or even one in your hometown.

We bought a pink topaz ring there last year and they ask which ship you are on also and write it down on their copy of the receipt. I have heard each ship gets a percentage (kickback) for each purchase made by someone from that ship. The cruise shopping talks push very specific stores because of this practice. We (gasp) actually went into and bought from shops that weren't on the "list" of shops pushed by Carnival. The talks actually make you think that these vendors will give you a good deal just because the cruiseline has a good relationship with the stores when actually its a mutually beneficial set up. The shopping talk definitely doesn't encourage looking around for deals, just go to these specific stores.

Archived