triumph in new orleans

wendyandcliff

Can someone share how far the pier is from the airport? Are transfers reasonable? Thanks

About 30 minutes... depending on traffic. The cabs charge per person... I think it was about $15pp?? Something like that... reasonable.

No I don't know Dan, and I take you at your word that he was just trying to be helpful - so I apolgize for "asking him to apologize" and for inferring that Saints and Sinners think they know everything.

In all this , it might be easy to over-look the what OP and Toad stumbled upon - the announcement, for whatever reason, has clearly been retracted on line.

I clicked on the link and it worked just fine. The announcement was never on Carnival's website or press releases... so I don't know that you can say it was retracted...

About 30 minutes... depending on traffic. The cabs charge per person... I think it was about $15pp?? Something like that... reasonable.

GC is correct on about 30 minutes but cab fare is $28 for 1 person or 2. :eek: They really stick you if only one person. There is a shuttle service from airport to French Quarter that can be purchased at the airport for about $12 per person. I will arriving in Nola on Sunday & will let you know exact prices now. they have risen slightly since Katrina.

You might also look into Carnival Transfer prices. Probably about the same price.

Matter of fact, Dan (Selucrey) will be picking me up at the airport so please watch the personal attacks on a great guy who is very knowledgable about Nola & the surrounding area. He might come in handy sometime when you need Nola info.

But I still get the message saying the page cannot be displayed - and I can not find the Freedom or Subsequent Truimph Story on CCL or CC.

The "Offical Story" the OP was looking for was posted where the OP was looking but it is not posted now.

Also I got all the way to cabin selection for a 2008 Triumph cruise out of Miami on a third travel site.

His links seem to work for me. :)

Carnival and CC posted this... BUT THEN THEY TOOK IT DOWN. Something has changed Selucrey. Try your link... Then apologize to Toad. Geez.. you guys that think you know it all.... Right now (3:30 PM) you can book the Triumph out of Miami through 2008!

Link didn't work 1st time for me.. but 2nd try it did.. you do realize it is a PDF file and sometimes takes longer to load than a regular web page..

I think the apology is needed for Selucrey

I think the apology is needed for Selucrey

No apologies necessary. Sometimes we tend to trip over our keyboards and type something we may not really mean. :)

Neal, as Brenda said, I will be glad to help out with any local info if I can.

It's nice to know I have friends like these though. Thanks guys...and gals.:D

No apologies necessary. Sometimes we tend to trip over our keyboards and type something we may not really mean. :)

My frined & personal Nola tour guide....I'll see you Sunday. :D

Class act from a true gentleman. See ya'll Sunday. :D

For once I'm speechless:eek:

Live to Jump - I have already posted an apology for misunderstanding Selucrey's intent. I would appreciate it if you did not post fractions of my post out of context.

The link works for me today as well.

Did anybody see the original posting on this matter in the CC news? I'm still wondering why its not in the archives.

Live to Jump - I have already posted an apology for misunderstanding Selucrey's intent. I would appreciate it if you did not post fractions of my post out of context.

The link works for me today as well.

Did anybody see the original posting on this matter in the CC news? I'm still wondering why its not in the archives.

I'm assuming you mean Cruise Critic news??? I did not see that, but I generally don't see much there. I know it wasn't listed on Carnival's website... but they did have an announcement. Not sure why they haven't put up the info on Freedom or Triumph yet.

As I've posted previously. I wrongfully misunderstood your intent and I apologize.

Yesterday, I had just tripped over a number of different posts (particualrly on stingrays) where veterans of this board put some of the newbies down hard for asking questions that had already been asked. I mistook your post for something like that and I was wrong.

As I've posted previously. I wrongfully misunderstood your intent and I apologize.

Yesterday, I had just tripped over a number of different posts (particualrly on stingrays) where veterans of this board put some of the newbies down hard for asking questions that had already been asked. I mistook your post for something like that and I was wrong.

No problem. I tend to stay away from posting on threads like that.

You are correct Sir. I did post that out of context - had an early morning appt with the eye doc and had those pesky drops put in - shouldn't have been posting as it was difficult for me to see. My apologies.

99 bottles of beer on the wall...99 bottles of beer...

Just an update on this whole situation. The Triumph out of New Orleans still isn't available on Carnival.com however, the Freedom's Caribbean itinerary is(which the Triumph currently has). Have to wonder if there's going to be a change in the Triumph's new itinerary out of New Orleans.

WOW!!! You guys are great. I din't know I would start such an uproar by just asking about the Truimph coming to NOLA...

I still hope she comes, I can't wait to cruise out of New Orleans again.

S & S -- you guys have a great time on the Conquest, I just love that ship.

Archived