Seductress transformation on a cruise...

Okay, let me start by saying that I like to play the "make him want to come home from work";) game ALL year long as much as the next girl.... BUT....

Does anyone else take the timing of a cruise to go into overdrive, if you will?

Let me re-phrase this ..( trying to keep this a family show, but 'Bigdashers' Spanx thread may have eliminated that need:D )Do any of you buy "knock 'em overboard "lingerie especially for your cruises or vacations?

There is just something about the setting,atmosphere and alone time ( if you have left the offsprings at home God love 'em) that makes it more exciting and plays with the mind.

I love to use this timing to remind him he need not look any further!!;)

Is anyone willing to share a story or a special outfit with us?;) :D

SSSSHHHHHH.... you can whisper if you want to....we won't tell a soul or spoil the big surprise!

To paraphrase: "What happens on the ship, stays on the ship." ;)

I always make a point of getting a new negligee or two before we cruise - it's always nice to see DH's face light up when he sees me in something new and slinky. I don't wear them often at home because we have an adult son (going to unviersity) at home and I really don't feel comfortable lounging about in a lovely negligee and make-up coat. You never know when he's had a friend stay over who has chosen not to drive home, so it's better to leave them for the special times when we're away from home.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Jane, try Lejaby! They were my downfall. Once I had brought one of their sets there was no turning back. I also love Aubabe, and an italian make, whose name escapes me. ( my husband couldn't care less about how much they cost...he obvioulsy appreciates them!)

Sadly, since getting the dog, I only get their bras now ( he gets the pants out of the laundry bin and chews out the gussets). Disgusting. He had my daughters bikini bottems last week - which isn't funny as they were lovely.

Anyone want a dog?

BD

Before our second honeymoon/ 25th anniversary trip, I showed my husband the Victoria Secret catalog and suggested he select something for me to buy. He declined saying, "You know I don't care what you wear as long as you take it off". Give him skin, and he's happy. Think of all the money I'm saving!

Is anyone willing to share a story or a special outfit with us?

My special outfit is my skin...DH loves that more than any piece of lingerie or undergarment.

He is also big on the power of suggestion...a button down shirt as a cover up with a bikini when pool side ... anything with zippers, ties, buttons, slits. Those are things that get his motor running before we even get back to the room.;)

I do have a silk robe that I wear that he likes, although it does not stay on long. I have a closet full of lingerie that is collecting dust... DH is more of an in-the-moment type of guy, I guess!

That is why when we cruise I wear a lot of bikinis with ties, shirts with buttons, shirts with shelf bras, skirts with slits, form fitting shirts and dresses. This way we have fun before we even get back to the room...and no one even knows!:) My parents take the boys for a week every summer, so this allows us to act like newlyweds again on vacations...no worrying about kids walking in, etc...you know what I mean!:eek:

So, yes...we do go into overdrive and have missed dinners in the dining room on occassion due to ...ahem...clothing malfunctions.;) Wow...I think I just gave you all a bit too much information about myself... oh well, I am a fun, young(er) woman with 2 kids, and a great sense of humor...if you can't laugh at yourself, what else can you do?

Now, the rest of you...FESS UP!!:D

I agree ladies!!!

I always take a very barely there bikini and a few new items which to impress my hubby with, but it seems that its just better on vacation... cruise or otherwise.

:o

On most sea days, i will head back to our cabin before him and just happen to be sunbathing au naturale on our veradah... thats a huge surprise for him. (P.S... i always make sure it is very private as not to offend any neighbors above, below or next to us :D )

Well, I haven't been on a cruise and am currently single, so no specific plans, but I have taken flannel dorm pants and hooded sweatshirts to go tent-camping and silky stuff when driving to the Pocanos to stay in a cabin. I don't know weather he recognized the difference, but I _thought_ I was making it clear!

I suppose on a cruise I'd be thinking about TSA regulations and strangers going thru my baggage:o , so maybe I'd just slip something (without metal) into his suitcase..I certainly wouldn't want to be embarrassed!:eek:

Jane, try Lejaby! They were my downfall. Once I had brought one of their sets there was no turning back. I also love Aubabe, and an italian make, whose name escapes me. ( my husband couldn't care less about how much they cost...he obvioulsy appreciates them!)

My DH is the same way. When we were in Rome and passed the La Perla store we had to go in and buy me something.

BTW, if you ever get to Paris, buy Aubade there and save money as well as having a larger selection. Galeries Lafayette Dept store sells a ton of Aubade.

Unfortunately, Lejaby bra's don't fit me. :( I know the brand because my mother's been wearing it since I was a kid. She loves their things.

I also have two gorgeous great fitting bras by an italian company named Sogni Segreti. Is the the one you're thinking of? They're very expensive and use really fine lace and beautiful detailing.

Alright, not quite sharing a story yet...

But from guy perspective...

ANYTHING and everything that a woman does or wears that is extra sexy or good for that particular (your particular) man will be great for him.

Any little extra sexy attention for your personal guy is GREAT!

NOT saying anything about me at all, but...

My woman, "Wonder Woman" tankini top and bikini bottom:D

Surprise! Nuff said! (for me, personally).

All depends on you (ladies) and your guys...

CJW

PS Ohh, this is all Too Much Information..

PPS Damn you desperatehousewife!!!!:p

I'm definitely planning something like this for our first cruise next summer.

I'm contemplating an ultra-sexy dress for formal night. Not skanky, but just enough, and something I normally wouldn't even consider.

As for bedroom attire, I have a couple of new things in mind. :) French maid maybe? ;)

As for bedroom attire, I have a couple of new things in mind. :) French maid maybe? ;)

I usually buy something new each time we go on a trip. We've been married 23 years and like to liven things up once in a while. :D Last cruise I bought a little feathered peignoir, leaving it in the package until we were aboard the cruise ship. I thought it would be fun! It wasn't.:( It was scratchy and left feathers EVERYWHERE. It was like a molting ostrich! So the next morning, my dear, dear husband bundled it up and stuck it inside his sweater and found an empty public bathroom and THREW IT AWAY. Heh. Learned my lesson about not trying things on before the trip! :eek:

The thing that makes him craziest on a cruise though? I'll choose one of the nights I'm wearing a dress or skirt and then lean over at some time during dinner and whisper in his ear, "I'm not wearing any underwear." Really truly drives him insane. Then I make him go to the show and the piano bar! Heh.

Robin

Okay, let me start by saying that I like to play the "make him want to come home from work";) game ALL year long as much as the next girl.... BUT....

Let me re-phrase this ..( trying to keep this a family show, but 'Bigdashers' Spanx thread may have eliminated that need)Do any of you buy "knock 'em overboard "lingerie especially for your cruises or vacations?

There is just something about the setting,atmosphere and alone time ( if you have left the offsprings at home God love 'em) that makes it more exciting and plays with the mind.

I love to use this timing to remind him he need not look any further!!;)

Is anyone willing to share a story or a special outfit with us?;)

SSSSHHHHHH.... you can whisper if you want to....we won't tell a soul or spoil the big surprise!

Okay, let me start by saying that I like to play the "make HER want to come home from work";) game ALL year long as much as the next BOY.... BUT....

Let me re-phrase this ..( trying to keep this a family show, but 'Bigdashers' Spanx thread may have eliminated that need)Do any of you buy "knock 'em overboard "MEN'S lingerie especially for your cruises or vacations?

I love to use this timing to remind HER SHE need not look any further!!

Is anyone willing to share a story or a special outfit with us?

SSSSHHHHHH.... you can whisper if you want to....we won't tell a soul or spoil the big surprise

• 6 months later...
My DW of 25 years definately kicks it a notch for our cruises. But it is usually more of a case of what she isn't wearing at any particular moment that spices things up for me.

Dear sea hubby:

25 years? WOW ..

I have been married 3 times :eek: congrats on the longjevity.. what is the secret???

I have a closet and a dresser full of lingerie and my husband appreciates every single piece....I even know which ones are his favorites.

I really didn't buy anything special for our last cruise...believe me...I didn't have time!!! :eek: I wanted to buy some chocolate edible body paints..then I started thinking about the mess it would make...God only knows what housekeeping would be thinking!! So, I decided against it.

I recall coming out of the bathroom in our cabin wearing nothing but a smile and some sparkly body lotion. Let's just say I may never buy lingerie again!!!:D :D :p And people were thinking it was the rough seas making the boat rock that night. :cool:

I just packed my new silky nightie...and a new corsett...hubby will be quite surprised...after 23 years...I still love to surprise him!!;)

We leave Saturday morning on the Navigator...12 days Transatlantic...then 5 days in England with our daughters who are attending College there!!

Archived