diamond princess worry?

lssg

I have been reading in a few reviews and comments about catching a virus on the Diamond or should I say how people have gotten sick. Do I have to worry about going on my cruise on the Diamond? My son will be with us as well so now I am alittle worried.

"Viruses" typically are spread from passenge-to-passenger when touching things after other "infected" people have touched/used them...such as tongs or spoons at the self-serve buffets, elevator buttons, door handles, etc. Your BEST defense is frequent handwashing especially before eating, using a paper towel to shut off water in the public restrooms and when opening that restroom door after you've washed your hands, and carrying/using hand sanitizer gel frequently throughout the day.

I have been reading in a few reviews and comments about catching a virus on the Diamond or should I say how people have gotten sick. Do I have to worry about going on my cruise on the Diamond? My son will be with us as well so now I am alittle worried.

Stop worrying and just be smart about hygiene. We were on Diamond last year and were impressed with the constant attention to cleanliness they took. On a previous cruise with HAL, we were the next cruise following an outbreak of a virus. As each person boarded you were handed a antibacteria wipe, and each time you returned to ship when at port, they gave you another one to clean your hands. Throughout the entire cruise, we were amazed at the non-stop cleaning that went on - elevator buttons, railings, cabins, and esp. in any food handling areas. One thing I do, is take those flat pkgs. of antibacterial wipes and as soon as I get to my cabin, I wipe down all the door knobs, handles, sink, tub, toilet, closet knobs, phone, remote, balcony door handle, railings, etc. Takes about 15 minutes, then I feel like I have done just a bit more to insure staying healthy. Also - try not to touch the stair rails, elevator buttons, restroom door, etc. - places where others who don't practice good hygiene might be putting their hands. And in between, carry a small bottle of Purell to clean your hands with anytime you get ready for a meal or snack. There are no more outbreaks of viruses on cruise ships than in your hometown, your schools, your churches, you just hear about it more. Be smart and relax - your in for a great time on a stunning ship. :) gg

I did the same thing as gg3 when I got on the diamond last week where there was an outbreak of norovirus. I also do that when we go into any hotel room. It only takes a few minutes and I feel safer. I use the chlorox wipes.

Archived