Taxi Cabs in Port Canaveral

ShannonE

Does anyone have information about taxi cabs in Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral?

Last year we stayed at the Radisson and parked there for the duration of our cruise. We elected to take a cab to the port to avoid the shuttle craziness and to get to the port before the masses. It was something like $15 including tip. When we got off the ship, we again looked for a cab, but no one would take us back to the Radisson for less than $35. Fortunately, we were able to take the Radisson shuttle back.

I just booked the Four Points by Sheraton for this December. They have a parking package, but mentioned nothing about a shuttle. The distance from the hotel to the port is about 4 miles. I am interested in help with a reputable cab company and how much the ride should cost. I would like to know what to expect to avoid getting taken advantage of! Thanks for the help!

We just cruised out of Port Canaveral on the Aug 27th sailing of Mariner of the Seas. We stayed at the Residence Inn and left our car there for the duration of the cruise. They, too, have a shuttle to the port, but we opted to take a taxi. We used American Cab to take us to the port. It was $10 with tip. When we arrived back in Port Canaveral, I called American Cab to take us back to the hotel, but they didn't have anyone available, so they gave me the number for Yellow Cab. This was about 6:30 am. We were doing the express walk-off debarkation (where you carry your own luggage off), so we called Yellow Cab and told them we would be ready by about 7:15am. They said they would have someone there. Sure, enough, we got off and the taxi was right there-he had our name so no one else could take our cab. He was the only taxi we saw that early. The rate for the trip back was also $10 with tip. It seems that Yellow Cab might be a larger operation with more available taxi's, so that may be your best bet. Yes, the price will probably be more to and from the Sheraton, but if you call ahead you should get a fair price. You probably were quoted $35 just to the Radisson, because those taxis figured people would pay it, because they had to get back somehow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Last year we stayed at the Radisson and parked there for the duration of our cruise. We elected to take a cab to the port to avoid the shuttle craziness and to get to the port before the masses. It was something like $15 including tip. When we got off the ship, we again looked for a cab, but no one would take us back to the Radisson for less than $35. Fortunately, we were able to take the Radisson shuttle back.

I just booked the Four Points by Sheraton for this December. They have a parking package, but mentioned nothing about a shuttle. The distance from the hotel to the port is about 4 miles. I am interested in help with a reputable cab company and how much the ride should cost. I would like to know what to expect to avoid getting taken advantage of! Thanks for the help!

Try Manatee Transport . There website is http://www.manateetransport.com . Dependable and reasonable priced.

We had a conversation with our cab driver that took us over to the Port. She said the morning the ships are due back in the cab drivers meet and have to draw numbers to see who gets to be in line first to pick up passengers. They are all hoping for airport runs since of course that would pay a lot more. If someone wants to go to the Radisson, etc. then not only do they make less money, they also lose their place in line and have to go to the end when they come back.

She said that's the reason none of the cab drivers are "thrilled" about taking anyone back a short distance after a cruise. Guess it makes sense, but it makes it harder to find a cab.

• 3 years later...

Port Canaveral Taxi serves the Cruise Ships also, 321-455-9318. If we are not able, we will find a service that is reasonable for you. I have posted on this sight before and like to keep Cruisers updated on the pro's and con's of the Port. I have received complaints of extreme over charges by 888 Taxi Service, charging customers by the person rather than the trip. The same trip costed 9.35 with my company, they paid 50.00 for the same fare they had just taken with 888 as there were 5 passengers. Ask the amount they are charging before entering their Taxi!! Crusiers can cal any local company by simply searching Port Canaveral Taxi on their phone. Also, those who wish to rent cars. DON'T request info from 888 Taxi drivers whom have lied to Cruisers and told them that Thrifty Car Rental was closed and they would have to use 888 taxi because they were the only company allowed to transport them. Costed them dearly, I can assure you. Search for decent Company's in this area, Services I recommend : AA 5TH Ave taxi 321-412-1684. Cheap Taxi 321-799-2010: J-Rod Taxi 321-626-7700 and of course Port Canaveral Taxi, 321-455-9318.

Port Canaveral Taxi serves the Cruise Ships also, 321-455-9318. If we are not able, we will find a service that is reasonable for you. I have posted on this sight before and like to keep Cruisers updated on the pro's and con's of the Port. I have received complaints of extreme over charges by 888 Taxi Service, charging customers by the person rather than the trip. The same trip costed $9.35 with my company, they paid $50.00 for the same fare they had just taken with 888 Taxi Service as there were 5 passengers. Ask the amount they are charging before entering their Taxi!! Cruisers can call any local company by simply searching Port Canaveral Taxi's on their phone. Also, those who wish to rent cars. DON'T request info from 888 Taxi drivers whom have lied to Cruisers and told them that Thrifty Car Rental was closed and they would have to use 888 taxi because they were the only company allowed to transport them. Costed them dearly, I can assure you. You can call any Company for service you wish!! Search for decent Company's in this area, Services I recommend : Port Canaveral Taxi 321--455-9318 AA 5TH Ave taxi 321-412-1684. Cheap Taxi 321-799-2010: J-Rod Taxi 321-626-7700 I will pay more attention to Cruise Critic and give Cruisers the best advice with the best Company's available in the future. It is my intentions to keep competition alive here where your prices are fair and your trips here to Port Canaveral are ones you enjoy. If I don't reply directly on this sight, Call me, 321-455-9318 and we will work together at getting you the service you need at a price you can afford. William Porter Port Canaveral Taxi

• 1 month later...