Constellation CC #6143 or SS

sjkabak

Hey all,

I have been able to book Concierge class cabin #6143 on the Constellation. It is the CC cabin in the back of the Penthouse deck between the suites. Accoridng to the deck layout it looks bigger than the average CC cabin. My wife and I are on a waitlist for a SS but I am not sure we need it if the cabin really is bigger.

Would love to hear details about this cabin if anyone has them.

Steven

Michelle and Steve

You will have a lot of responses that say "lucky you getting that room" as it is one of the cabins many people try and book early to get. Yes you are correct, it is bigger and its balcony in huge in comparison to other CCs. Now whether you want to take any upgrade to an SS will depend on

1. Whether it is complimentary or not. As that cabin adjoins a royal suite sometimes X will try and move you to an SS anyway if they get a later booking that wants the two rooms. You do not have to move and I know some people love that room so much they mark it down as no upgrades please (some of the SS are on the noisy deck 9; many others have much smaller balconies)

2. Are you after the SS for space - in which case do not bother moving - or are you also looking for the few other extras - ie the butler, in which case stay on the waitlist

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your cruise wherever you end up sleeping!

AJ

We have been in that cabin a couple of times. We do love it, although it is not any bigger than a regular CC cabin. Some people swear it's bigger, but it's not.

So, why do we like it so much? Couple of reasons. The number one reason by far is the balcony is huge. It has a wood floor unlike most of the other balconies that have that rough texture. It's close to the Dinning Room. Not that that is really a good thing :) We also like the location being around the Royal Suites and Penthouse Suite. Just a little nice touch when going back to your cabin.

One drawback is that is has one of those tiny loveseats. Not the small one in the CC cabins, but the real small one in that they have in the regular cabins.

You'll enjoy it, just don't expect any more room in the cabin.

Duane

We are planning another cruise on The Constellation also. Last time we had booked a 1A (turned into a CC before our cruise.) We were upgraded to a SS. It was fabulous. Of course now we're spoiled. I was looking at booking a CC on The Sky Deck in the aft, but just noticed the cabins that you're talking about. Can anyone compare the 2 cabins? And for those who stayed in 6135 or 6136, do you think you received better service since you were between all those suites?

I posted a long response, but then I poofed it by mistake...

Summary:

6135/36 have coinnecting doors to RS, not 6143/44

Cabin looks MUCH wider on deck plan, because it doesn't show service pantry/emergency evac route that is inbetween 6143/44 and RS next door, a narrow space running from the hallway to a little balcony. We never were bothered by noise foron this space.

Room width: I measured, and it was about a loafer's width more room (not quite a foot) - not too significant, but nice when two people are manoevering around.

You can open a door on the verandah that connects with that little balcony that makes part of yours a little wider, and gives better views. Just remember to close it tightly, as it can bang around in rough weather.

Sky suites are lovely, bed faces window, so both get view. Bath is nicer, but shower tub combo is harder for tall people than CC.

6143: Location is ideal for the quiet! Most pax don't walk down that corridor, as it only leads to suites.

SS 6145/46 have connecting doors to PH, and, while larger, have less storage space for hanging clothes..would be hard on a long cruise.

Service from attendants in that area has always been excellent, as they are the same ones picked to serve suites.

But you really can't lose...

Andrew

Archived