Pets....does any cruiselines allow

Muskoka

We're cruising in just over four weeks, and I am now starting my list for our house/dog/cat sitter for the two weeks we'll be gone. It always breaks my heart to leave them, especially Katie, because she knows we're traveling without her. We occasionally go RVing, and she loves it. When they see the suitcases come out, they start getting excited, until we leave without them, and then they are so sad looking.

But once we get away from the house, we sort of forget about them. We think of them on the cruise alot, and especially when we see other dogs, but we wouldn't leave them without exceptional care.

We live in Tennessee, and took them RV'ing with us once to Las Vegas. There is no (natural) green grass there like here in TN. Boy, did they priss around looking for a place to pee and poo. They finally got used to the sand and pokey weeds where we took them during our long walks.

So I've often wondered where a dog would pee and poo on a ship. I would suppose a seeing-eye dog would be allowed. They're usually big dogs. But where would they go? Are they trained for this?

Shay

Service dogs are trained to "go" on command. The cruise line provides a litter box type thing (sometimes sand, sometimes artificial turf, sometimes actually a box with growing grass) in a discrete area and provides access for those using service animals.

Archived