Pets....does any cruiselines allow

Muskoka

And only on their transatlantic sailings.

From the Cunard web-site:

Does Cunard offer a Kennel programme?

Queen Mary 2’s kennel programme is available on all crossings between New York and Southampton in either direction, and is overseen by a full-time Kennel Master who takes care of responsibilities such as feeding, walking and cleaning the ship’s 12 spacious kennels. Travelling dogs and cats also receive a complimentary gift pack and other animal amenities.The kennels and adjacent indoor and outdoor walking areas are open throughout the day, enabling passengers to spend significant time with their pet. Reservations for the kennels may be made at time of booking, and are based on space availability. Contact Cunard for fees and additional requirements.

Jim

Pets....does any cruiselines allow..pets eg. small sweet quiet well behaved dogs

Thats what so many people say about their children.. to paraphrase..;)

children eg. small sweet quiet well behaved children:rolleyes:

I'm a lifelong cat lover/owner but for the life of me why on earth would anyone want to bring along a pet on a cruise?

In November 2004 we were sailing on Zenith for a 14 day cruise. After three days, one of our tablemates mentioned that he had enough and wanted to go home because he missed his dogs.:cool:

No matter how I phrase this the flames will no doubt come my way, but...........

I'm a lifelong cat lover/owner but for the life of me why on earth would anyone want to bring along a pet on a cruise?

Big time cat lover here. I would bring my pet on board IF my destination and return would accomadate my pet. I feel sick thinking I have to leave my furry friend for 3 weeks only to have someone come in to feed him twice a day. I have though about pet "resorts" but figured he would be better in his own home with 2 times daily feedings.

No matter how good the kennel is on a ship- your dog will be OH SO MUCH happier at home. Dog's do not sleep well outside their normal environment, especially in a kennel on a ship! I have a dog. I always have a pet sitter come to my house. Yes, she is happy to see me but she bonds with the pet sitter and they have a great time in the comfort and safety of her home. She would be a nervous wreck on a ship!

Pay the pet sitter a nice hefty fee instead of boarding a pet on a ship for goodness sake.

I've often thought that there's money to be made here. Someone with experience in the industry could line up some wealthy investors, buy or lease an older ship, refurbish it to make it pet-friendly, and market cruises directly to pet owners at higher prices than standard Carnival or RCI vacations.

Lots of people out there (including us) consider our pets to be part of the family. I suspect that a pet-friendly, one- or even two-ship company could easily sell all available berths. Now if only I knew something about the business and had lots of wealthy friends...

Can you imagine a ship full of dogs? That wouldn't be enjoyable for the passengers or the dogs.

My dog is a member of my family and she would absolutely hate not having green grass to run in, not being able to sleep on the sofa and the bed. She hates going to the vet and being crated. Hates it!

If you truly love your pet, taking them along on a cruise would not be "fun" for them. If they were kennelled- everytime you left them in the kennel again- there little hearts would break.

That is no way to treat a member of the family. Leave them home where they are safe and happy. They will adjust to a pet sitter. Pet sitters love dogs- they walk them, sleep with them and give them treats. My pet sitters really enjoy their time with my dog.

My pet rock that is. I've had her since 1967, Never any trouble,never complains,neat as a pin,never soils the carpets,doesn't shed,inexpensive to feed,no vet bills,has defended me against my enemies and is allowed anywhere...even on cruises. Don't know what I'll do when she passes on.

Do pets suffer from travel sickness?:confused:

Could you imagine all the trees and hydrants that would have to be installed along the promenade deck?

Do pets suffer from maladies equivalent to NLV?

Would you have cats-only cruises because some people are allergic?

Special cleaning crews for removing cat hair on formal nights?

Special scratching poles?

Kitty litter in every cabin?

Would animals have to be quarantined prior to re-entry to home ports?

I think there would be problems otherwise it would have been tried.

Do pets suffer from travel sickness?:confused:

Could you imagine all the trees and hydrants that would have to be installed along the promenade deck?

Do pets suffer from maladies equivalent to NLV?

Would you have cats-only cruises because some people are allergic?

Special cleaning crews for removing cat hair on formal nights?

Special scratching poles?

Kitty litter in every cabin?

Would animals have to be quarantined prior to re-entry to home ports?

I think there would be problems otherwise it would have been tried.

What about the cat buffet and dress for formal nights! There must be an on board VET! My cat likes his massage everyday also. Will there be a cat spa? These are all details that must be looked after. Oh My I am sure I am missing something for my furry kid.

And what about my pet bird who likes to come out of his cage, fly around and leave nice little "surprises" whereever he may fly to. I guess that would make use of the conservatory on M class ships. And people would have to wear hats all of the time. And is that white/green frosting on the chocolate cake on display at the buffet or what lol. Somehow, I don't think having my pet bird is a good idea on a cruise. My husband might like it, as the chance that he would end of flying free or being used at cat or dog food would be greater tha than when we are at home lol. (actually our cats are pretty good with him, but we do call him catfood sometimes when he dive bombs the cats).

Yes why not? And I will bring my horse, he does really pine for me and literally go off his feed when I travel. He is quite friendly, adores children, and travels beautifully- when I moved from CA to the Caribbean he travelled by van, by plane, and by ship. I sailed with him on the ferry from Puerto Rico to St. Croix and he was a lovely passenger with perfect manners, did not hog a chair by the pool or make dinner an ordeal. He has plenty of frequent flier miles from that trip, maybe I can redeem them?

Ok yes I do miss my pets when I travel but they are well tended in my absence. I train animals for a living and shudder at the thought of some folk's "sweet little darlings" running rampant. The untended children with lousy parents are bad enough, in my opinion!

I really think bringing pets on cruises would be for the owners sake not the pets. I bet they would hate it and rather be in their own surroundings with someone looking after them.

Just think of the fuss that we make of them when we get home. I bet they love us going away, as the guilt we feel in leaving them makes us twice as nice to them when we get home.

:D

...that we PRAY to have someone with a Service Dog on our cruises! Then we ingratiate ourselves to their owner, so that we can pet/smooch/enjoy them during the cruise--but not while they are working, of course.

Our three must stay at home with the live-in dogsitter who allows them all to sleep on the bed at night with her. We pay her about the same amount as the cruise cost for one of us!

Do we mind paying it? Now, what do YOU think?

Moondoggie - we're the same way about dogs. We miss ours when traveling and we're drawn to the most unlikely mutts - "street dogs" in the Carribean and Mexico, service and guard dogs in airports, etc. Our dog stays home with one of our grown kids so he has a pretty good time there, but we still miss him a lot. I keep asking my wife to make our dog - a German Shepard - a little vest that say's "Service Animal" so we could sneak him on board, but I hear that service dogs have special ID's with them so they qualify to go places most dogs can't. And, since he's mostly black he would meet the dress code on formal nights!

Archived