Flights on Luftansa

CAC104

I am taking a Mediterranean cruise on the Liberty and took the Carnival flight option. They booked me on Luftansa out of Dulles, but instead of going directly to Rome, I have to change planes in Frankfurt, Germany:eek:

I have never been on Luftansa and wondered how that airline was on being on time, and also the comfort for the long flight...we do not have much time between the connections....Also, all the others in my group were put on flights from either JFK or Chicago directly to Rome and we are the only ones who have to change planes in Germany....I am more than a little worried about it and wondered if anyone else out there has had this type of flight.

I would appreciate any info:p

http://www.flyertalk.com

That said, everyone I know who's flown it, loves it.

I have flown to Europe on KLM and it was very nice....Euro airlines take such better care than US carriers.

BTW - Booze is still free on Euro airlines, it isn't on most domestic carriers...even on international flights!

You'll be very happy and comfortable....and spoiled

(food is better too)

Not knowing the exact dates you are flying, it appears they put you on the best flights available. I'm not finding non-stops between Dulles and Rome or BWI and Rome on any airline at the moment. There might be some available but not everyday of the week.

Chicago and New York have a lot more flight choices, hence people from those areas getting non-stops instead of one stop flights.

We just returned from a River cruise on the Rhine. We went from Detroit Metro to Frankfurt and returned from Frankfurt to Detroit on Luftansa. Luftansa airline was great. Drinks are provided. Crew was great. Frankfurt Airport was the pits. We had a 5 hour lay over going and a 3 hour lay over coming back. The airport is very, very crowded. People sleeping on the floor. Because we had a long lay over there was no where to sit, they would not let us enter our gate that early so we had to search for just a place just to sit.

IMHO....Luftansa great....Frankfurt airport lousy. Enjoy the drinks you'll need them.

Not knowing the exact dates you are flying, it appears they put you on the best flights available. I'm not finding non-stops between Dulles and Rome or BWI and Rome on any airline at the moment. There might be some available but not everyday of the week.

You can look as hard as you like, there are no non-stop flights between any of the DC area airports and Rome. The only flights from DC to Italy are the Alitatia flights to Malpensa.

I have flow most of the European airlines, and for coach seats, I would rank Luftansa second only to Air France. I doubt that you would be disappointed in experience on Luftansa.

Archived