Missed my plane to Europe! NCL to the rescue

mailbroad

To make a long story short...NCL (and the travel agency) helped me get a new ticket to Europe at the LAST minute when I missed my plane... airline "XX" was late leaving JFK by 4+ hours and I missed my connection in Boston where my parents were waiting for me! I had made that reservation myself and NCL had nothing to do with it. NCL people Sarah and Lazero(?) were awesome and helped me get a ticket that should NOT have been replaced because I needed to be rerouted to a different city! For a small fee...relatively speaking...I made it! My parents were happy to see me when I arrived at the hotel in Barceona at 8pm instead of 11am! ALWAYS travel a day early!

My luggage arrived late! I got it on the ship (nothing to do with late connection since I handed over my luggage myself in Boston ) and I lost my NEW cellphone in Logan when I got back...but it was a great time!

I had a similar situation a few years ago although I had booked the air through NCL. On my flight from Denver to NYC to catch a plane to Barcelona we had an electrical failure and had to emergency land in Chicago. I didn't call NCL. I went to the United rep and told her my situation. She said she'd take care of it. I was put on an Iberia flight to Madrid a few hours later. United and NCL connected me through Madrid to Barcelona. Turns out the flight from Madrid to Barcelona had many other cruise passengers that had come from other places so I picked up the NCL transfer at baggage claim. Since my air was booked through NCL they did have some responsibility to get me to Barcelona. I was just impressed at how quickly a new plan was made and executed and I made the ship on time.

Service personnel know how horrible it is for Pax to be stranded. They all seem to give these folks priority treatment to get them where they're supposed to be.

Had a similar situation with flights to Mexico. Mom and I were confirmed and ok, but somehow somebody never confirmed my daughter. All 3 were traveling together all on the same booking, all confirmed at the same time.

The airline was not going to let her board. She was in tears, the airport was a zoo, my husband had already left to go home (he drove us to the airport), and I had no recourse but to call my TA at home at 6 a.m.

She spoke to the airport gal and whatever was said, we got an apology and were taken straight to the boarding gate.

Who knows how these glitches happen, but sometimes they do. The best thing is to get it taken care of however you can, don't blame anyone, and get it sorted out calmly. The worse would be missing a flight and the ship! I would panic!

I have seen lots of folks miss the ship - it always works out. I leave to begin our Med cruise on the 4th. The ship sails on the 10th. I'm making darn sure I get there on time!

OP, please let us know the outcome.

I had my own miracle cruise-air department experience, but on Carnival.

Like you I had booked airfare myself, which made me skeptical they would/could do much for me..

They got me a ticket in mere hours when the airline itself said the flights were full.

No charge. The situation that required the change was the cruiseline's fault, not the airline's or mine, though.

I have new confidence in the ability of cruise-air departments to fix things fast when needed.

The new cell phone might be covered if you bought it with a credit card. I know some cards cover purchases for a short period of time. Worth checking.

hmmm.... I will check this out , too. We did get the Verizon insurance for my HUSBAND'S phone and not mine...silly me!

Archived