Iguazzu Falls??? - HELP ME MAKE A DECISION!!

cruzin4us

We arrive in Buenos Aires @ 9:15 a.m. and spend the night before getting on Infinity the following day (ship leaves at midnight).

Our dilema....do we try to squeeze in seeing Iguazzu Falls, or should we stick with touring the City and going to a Tango Show?

Hind site makes us wish we would have booked 2 days in Argentina, but it's too late to change now...

Please give us your honest opinions and tour guides if you used them. Please include prices too!!

Thanks!

Laurie

two hours there two hours back maybe six or 7 hours to do two countrys is it worth it , theres so much you can do in the city that would kill 4 or 5 days so say igasu for another time .

yes it can be done in a day but most people spend 1 or 2 nights we spent 3 and still missed a lot of things.

I agree with Blue Cruiser that you are better off enjoying youself in BA. Your flight to BA is not guaranteed to be on time and most flights to Iguazu leaves from another airport that is over an hour away.

You need at leat 6-7 hours in Iguazu and you don't want to cut your return too close.

WE spent 2 nights in BA (1.5 days of sightseeing) and 1 night in Iquazu Falls before boarding the ship.

We arrive in Buenos Aires @ 9:15 a.m. and spend the night before getting on Infinity the following day (ship leaves at midnight).

Our dilema....do we try to squeeze in seeing Iguazzu Falls, or should we stick with touring the City and going to a Tango Show?

Hind site makes us wish we would have booked 2 days in Argentina, but it's too late to change now...

Please give us your honest opinions and tour guides if you used them. Please include prices too!!

Thanks!

Laurie

I say if Celebrity can offer it as an excursion (see below) and this trip is a once in a lifetime then I would try to make the trip to the falls. You will probably be exhausted but you can rest on the ship once you board.

Iguazu Falls Day Trip - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Begin your tour with a chartered aircraft for a flight to Iguacu Falls on the border of Argentina and Brazil. Following lunch, board a Zodiac boat for a cruise on the Iguaçu River for close up view of the fall (prepare to get wet!). Next board 4 wheel drive vehicle for a drive through the subtropical forest before the return flight to Buenos Aires. Security at the airport requires guests show their passport to board the aircraft. A minimum number of participants are required in order to reserve a flight time. Guests must book 40 days prior to sail date.

Approx. Duration: 12 hour(s)

*Current Price: Starting from

850.00 (USD) - Adult

850.00 (USD) - Child

0.00 (USD) - Infant

Activity Type: Beach & Water-Related Activities | Adventure Tours | Flightseeing | Sightseeing & City Tours | Wilderness & Wildlife Tours

Approx. Duration: 12 hour(s)

*Current Price: Starting from

850.00 (USD) - Adult

850.00 (USD) - Child

0.00 (USD) - Infant

Activity Type: Beach & Water-Related Activities | Adventure Tours | Flightseeing | Sightseeing & City Tours | Wilderness & Wildlife Tours

At those prices, you can probably make a relaxed trip later for slightly more. Just for reference, it cost us about $800 for the round trip overnight trip from BA for 2 people.

At those prices, you can probably make a relaxed trip later for slightly more. Just for reference, it cost us about $800 for the round trip overnight trip from BA for 2 people.

Correct you are about it being so expensive but of course those prices are for the ship's excursion. The point I was trying to make is if the ship could create an excursion during that short of a time period then it is possible for one to do on their own at a substantial savings. Especially if this trip was going to be a once in lifetime vacation.

Laurie,

You have a BIG decision and the comments by other cruisers are very valid. Iguazzu is awesome; Buenos Aires not to be missed either. We spent 2 days at the falls and 4 days post cruise in BA. The ships tour is very expensive, but might be your best option. Could you take BA tour the day you arrive? Perhaps you could begin around noon. We used Carlos Vitro of http://www.privatetours.com.ar. He was excellent and charged $80 pp for all day tour including lunch, simple tango performance, catamaran ride, train ride, etc., etc. Then on your cruise departure day, perhaps you could take your cruise line's tour to the falls. We very rarely ever take the cruiseship tours as they are so expensive, but in this case, they would wait on you if the tour got in late from the falls. We just enjoyed walking the trails without all the water activities and rainforest ride, but to each his own!

On the other hand, I see many offerings for reasonable flight/hotel combos to BA. They will become fewer as the dollar/peso changes, but that is an idea for the future.

I guess I would do the falls even though you will be very tired and most likely have a port the day after BA, perhaps Montevideo--but there will be time to rest. Let the adrenaline kick in!!!

Good luck -- will be anxious to hear your decision.

If it were me, I would not consider going to Iguazu even if the ship is offering you an excursion. The falls are such a wonderful spectacle, they were one of the many highlights of our trip to South America and Antarctica.

We flew from Rio and had a night up there and saw everything. You do need time to walk the trails and if you want to take on of the trips under the falls.

I would be more worried about flights being cancelled and changed. That happens all the time in S.A. and often at the last minute. We were scheduled to leave the airport at Iguazu at 11am for our return flight to Rio and our flight did not finally leave until well after 3pm, so the rest of that day was lost for us.

Also when my sister did a ship's excursion to the falls, the chartered plane had engine trouble before they left and two hours later it finally took off so they lost that time before even getting up there.

I would see B.A. in the day you have available. It is a lovely city and I would plan to return to see the falls at a later date.

Jennie

Have you checked into any options for a post cruise stay. It is relatively short flight (over the Andes) from Santiago to Iquacu. Just another thought. I agree though with everyone here about trying to do the trip on the same day your ship sails. Just sounds way too risky, and you are going to be exhausted by the flight to BA already!

I don't think the flights will necessarily be cheap, but it is a shame to miss the falls.

jc

Archived