I'm retired, but thinking of going back to work, just so I can cruise more often.

clerky96

I had never been on a cruise until last year. I went with my sister (who has been on about 10 cruises), her daughter, and my sisters friend. I had such a good time that I convinced hubby to cruise this June to Alaska. We had a wonderful time. He also enjoyed it, and now I am considering booking a cruise in Feb to the Western Caribbean. Hmmm. This cruising is somewhat (change that to VERY) addictive! Hubby still works, but now I am thinking of taking a part-time job so that we can afford to cruise twice a year. Who works only to cruise?:D

Donna

Hi:

Boy, I know what you're talking about. My husband and I both retired from our jobs and then with our kids grown and out of the house, we thought now what? So, we both got full time jobs again, because we definitely have a cruise habit. We're going on our 40th cruise this December, and I have three booked for 2007 and one booked for 2008. Yes, we are working to cruise.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10:)

PS Also from the midwest, so it's expensive to take any cruise as we're not close to any cruise ports. I've even thought about moving just to be close to a port, so I would only have the cost of the cruise itself, and not the airfare.

If you do, you might want to get a job as a TA selling cruises. Not only can you work from home, part-time, but you will have a paycheck and agent discounts. Seems like the best of both worlds.

On my last cruise, I met an older gentleman who has been doing it this way for 20 years and he does 6 sailings a year. He told me he had 1 client that is doing a 15 day Hawaii sailing in November at about $17,000, and the commission from that booking will pay for his cruise on the same sailing although in a much lower catagory.

Dad son team, thanks for the suggestion. I have actually looked into that, but haven't done anything about it.:)

Sparkle10, what part of the midwest are you from? We are only about 20 miles from Hannibal, MO. , Mark Twain's home town.

I had never been on a cruise until last year. I went with my sister (who has been on about 10 cruises), her daughter, and my sisters friend. I had such a good time that I convinced hubby to cruise this June to Alaska. We had a wonderful time. He also enjoyed it, and now I am considering booking a cruise in Feb to the Western Caribbean. Hmmm. This cruising is somewhat (change that to VERY) addictive! Hubby still works, but now I am thinking of taking a part-time job so that we can afford to cruise twice a year. Who works only to cruise?:D

Donna

Donna,

I know exactly what you're talking about. It all started for me about 9 years ago:D Been cruising ever since. We try and go on 2 a year, but it's getting very expensive. I just started working in direct sales out of my home with Arbonne International. All the extra money is going towards our cruising habits. Hopefully, my business will grow enough that I can increase cruising to 3 times a year:D :D

Linda

***** (be sure to sign my guestbook & email )

Sparkle10, I am about 5 hours from you. Been to (and through) DesMoines many times.

No cruise ports here, either. Maybe that is a good thing. I would want to go even more often!:eek: How do you people who live close to the ports not want to go all the time?!:confused:

ME!! :D

I quit a good job 7 years ago to become a SAHM, thought I'd never return to work. However, I'm just so darn hooked on cruising that I felt if I wanted to go more often then I had to go back to work. All of my kids are now in full day school so I am working part time, only 3 hours a day, at their school.

What I make in a year almost covers our Freedom cruise so I think I'm set! :)

Oh THank You for this thread! I thought I was the only one! I quit in 2004, had my first cruise in 2005 and I'll have 4 cruises in 2006 with 2 booked for 2007. So now I work as our church's secretary. I'm using the money I get producing the weekly bulletins to pay off my sisters portion of an upcoming cruise and to have all my tip money in cash. How do you become a TA working out of your home?

I retired..........at my wife's suggestion, in 1999. It was, by far, the most boring thing that I have ever tried. I now work 8 months of the year......and am very happy with what I do.........and the money goes into cruising...

In the past 10 years...........we will have...come this December......45 cruises.........and this year alone we will be doing 8 cruises. There was one year that we did a total remodel to our home........that we did not cruise at all.

Rick

PS..........Wolf............you can cruise with us any time you want. You know how we cruise..........and you would be a welcome addition!!

Donna

Actually we are pretty close to this. DW and I both retired in January of 2000. If you look at our cruise history, we have really made up time since retiring. Now I work one day a week and she works two days a week, part time.......to stay busy and it helps feed our cruise habit:)

Archived